Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan Horse generic 12.BYMi and "nidle.exe"

• Please log in to reply

babaquazi

babaquazi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello all, this is my first post on this site so please be nice

Firstly, on my computer one day AVg popped up to say that it had found a virus in a file called nidle.exe. I movied it to the virus vault and later removed it. Now soon after, AVg came up with other various notices about other viruses it had found, so i decided to do a reformat. Please note that on my computer i have 3 partitions: C,D and E. I backed up files in my docs, pictures and music onto Drive E. i then reformatted drive C and re-installed Vista. I then proceeded to copy and paste my backed up files back into the C partition. Within a couple of minutes i had found that AVG had come up with another notice on trojans being found. I was annoyed and reformatted again which takes me to a couple of hours ago when AVG came up with nidle.exe and other trojans being found again, i selected one of the trojans(Trojan Horse generic 12.BYMi and it said avgtray.exe. I then clicked on another trojan which said svchost i thnk and listed another infection called "trojan download.genericxxx"(soz i can't remember what was in place of the x's. My suspicion is that the only way it can come back after a reformat is czo of the backed up dosc from E but SVg doesn't find anything when scanning them. My hijack this log is posted below. any help received will be greatly appreciated

Edited by babaquazi, 03 April 2009 - 02:19 AM.

Advertisements