Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Installed AVG8.0 and Network Printer Disappeared

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

This problem is with a work computer (there are 5 desktops and 2 printers networked together total) - we installed the new AVG 8.0 on all of these computers - but have only had a problem with one of them.
This desktop's main default printer is an HP LaserJet 1200 series, but it may also print to an HP Photosmart, and as soon as the new AVG was installed I could no longer print to either machine. The photosmart printer is still showing as installed, but will not print - however, the LaserJet is not even on this computer anymore and if I try to add the printer it just says it cannot be found. We have not tried uninstalling AVG 8.0 yet - and would like to avoid that if possible (we had been using the 7.5 version with no complications). It's not that I just can't print from IE (I read that several people had that problem), but I can't print at all.
Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly helpful!

Thanks in advance,

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The first thing any on-site person would do would be to uninstall the source of the original problem. Therefore get rid of AVG 8 and see if the problem fixes itself. If it does, AVG8 is the problem and there is AVG 8.5 available now which is newer anyway.