Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xp chipset drivers

• Please log in to reply

zDavidz

zDavidz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Since my last question i have learnt alot on this sugject. XP install after vista does not reconize Medion laptop Model MD97310 harddrive.If i could find the right drivers with the help of nlite i could rectify this problem.I downloaded chipset PM965 from intel which says vista32-64-xp ver.8.2.0.1012. I extracted the file but cannot find the xp drivers.If someone could look at this download from intel and tell me where i am going wrong i would be so greatful as i have been trying to do this all week.Even the computer shop cant help me.Thankyou.
Would like to add more information
I Am trying to add xp to my laptop so i can have a dual boot system.The xp installation stalls when it does not reconize my internal drive or partition so has no where to intall to It does not have the correct sata drivers.The program nlite lets you add these to a custom made xp installation disc.I have the chipset driver file from intel but dont know how to extrct the xp driver files from it.If i could extract only the xp drivers i believe with the help of nlite i could install xp.If i new how to upload the chipset file i would but am having troulbe tryig to do it.Any comments would be appreciated.The following link explains a lot about my problem.
http://www.howtogeek...xp-installation

Edited by zDavidz, 05 April 2009 - 01:40 AM.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Hi and welcome to geeks to go.
I will need a little more info please. What exactly are you trying to do?
Are you uninstalling vista and installing XP?

I looked for the PM965 and could find no reference to the vista32-64-xp ver.8.2.0.1012
Could you give us a link?

What I did find is the following:
This is the first link. Clicking on the Intel 965 chipset got me to Link 2
Link 2.
Clicking on chipset download allowed me to choose an OS. Not knowing what OS you want, I stopped there.

I found more Intel PM965 driver versions HERE

Hope this helps.