Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer reboot

• Please log in to reply

cjacks

cjacks

• Pip
  • 7 posts
computer reboots/shuts it self down. Sometime screen looks like vertical hold is gone, computer locks up, has to be manually shut down and restarted.

Advertisements

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
Once you get into Windows, try checking the Event Viewer for errors. In particular, look in the Windows Logs...System log files.

Try cleaning the case out (if it's a desktop system) in case it's a heat issue. DO NOT use a vacuum cleaner (static electricity) or a high pressure compressed air hose (will blow stuff loose). Either huff and puff, or use canned air.

Check to make sure that your fans are running, particularly the ones that cool the CPU and Video card.

If it's a laptop, then try the canned air to blow out the vents in both directions. Also check to see if the fan is working.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2. Click the Advanced tab (Vista: click Advanced system settings).
3. Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box.
4. Clear the Automatically restart check box, and click OK the necessary number of times.
5. Restart your computer for the settings to take effect.

You may see some error message.

cjacks

cjacks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks!!!!
After using another scanner here is what was found:

Agent.jay (found in STOPzilla!\SZPro5.msi\stream18\SZKGSys)
WinVNC.1370
WinVNC.1360

Plus all the registry errors. I need something that will remove these, and also clean and repair my registry :)

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).