Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphic card Problems

• Please log in to reply

phillipa

phillipa

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there,
I've got a compaq presario 2500 laptop which runs on Windows XP Home SP2.
I reinstalled windows on this and also on my desktop (a Qtech, same system and specs as this) using the same disc. After setting everything back up and getting all the updates etc that I needed I noticed that my graphics card doesn't work on my laptop and on the desk top neither the graphics or sound cards work. The error alerts that pop up vary depending on what im trying to run. If someone could help me out it'd be much appreciated!

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Hi phillipa and welcome to geeks to go.

I suspect that you have not installed the main board chipset drivers and drivers specific to the video.

Go to start.....run.....type in devmgmt.msc and hit ok.
Are there any ? or ! visible/

If so, do you have the driver CD specific for the laptop and the driver CD specific for the desktop?

Lets see if you have any unknowns first, and then we can proceed with (if needed) make and models.

phillipa

phillipa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, than you for helping me!
There aren't any ! or ? on the list.
Sorry, I meant to mention in my initial post that I've checked through all my driver discs and there aren't any for the graphics or sound cards. I put all of them in a box when I got them, but there's just modem installers etc...