Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Keeps Rebooting

• Please log in to reply

SageMason

SageMason

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This morning my brother tried to log on to my computer but couldn't figure out the password so he shut it down by just pressing and holding the power on button. A few hours later, I went to log on but after I get the Dell screen i get options like run in safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt etc. however whenever I click any of these, my computer goes to the Windows XP logo, and then a quick flash of blue and it reboots all over again.

The flash of blue was much to quick so I recorded it in an attempt to read what it says:

A problem detected so windows shut down etc etc.

Disable or Unstall any anti-virus, disk defrag or back up utilities. Check hard drive config. + any updated drivers, run CHKD.

I'm a complete computer newbie and don't know what to do. I have a Dell Inspiron 530 with BIOS 1.0.10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisements

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Welcome to GeeksToGo,

My name is Cbarnard I hope I may be of some assistance to you.

I'm sorry that you haven't received a reply, I was just looking back at unanswered posts. I apologize this is a very busy forum.

Please keep in mind this is not our job and I'm not here 24\7. It can take a little bit of time for me to reply back to you,
if it has been more than 48hrs since a reply, please PM me and I will be with you as soon as possible.

With that said lets take a look and get this problem taken care of.

Do you have the windows CD that your computer came with?

Please check all your connections from your:

Harddrive (HDD) to the Motherboard(MOBO)
Powersupply (PSU) to the MOBO (there are two connections)
Wall plug to the PSU (Is the fan in the PSU working?)
PSU to the HDD
MOBO to the HDD
PSU to the CD\DVD rom
MOBO to the CD\DVD rom
CPU fan is plugged in (and working)
Finally make sure the ram is correctly seated in their slots( the white clips are snapped in all the way?)

Do you have any other fans?

Please make sure that the tower is free of dust(vents too) (Dirt is a huge problem for computers)

If it needs to be cleaned you can purchase a can of Compressed air at Walmart.

Let me know how you make out, and I will get back to you...

Good Luck

Cbarnard