Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help running Microsoft Picture It! 99 with Vista

• Please log in to reply

WilderBill

WilderBill

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have installed Microsoft Picture It! 99 on my new computer which runs with Microssoft Vista, but I can't seem to get it to run. I can't even get it to open. I get an error message that says - ACCESS DENIED. Then I get a message that says: Picture It! Cannot Start. Picture It! needs 30 megabytes of space available on your disk drive. Please close other programs, delete files and /or empty the Recycle Bin. (I have a new computer with 250 gig of disk space.) Can anyone help me? I love this program and have learned it inside out.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Wilder Bill

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Try uninstalling Picture It! and reinstall it again.

If that doesn't work, then download Unlocker
http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/
Also install the context menu handler.

Right click on the Picture It! executable, not the shortcut, but the target of the shortcut.
Choose Unlocker and tell me if any processes are locking the file. Don't press Unlock All unless you are sure the file is ok to be unlocked. I once tried unlocking a drive and it crashed my computer.

EDIT: It may just be the file permissions though. Post this in the Vista forums
http://www.geekstogo...dows-7-f79.html

I don't think this is the right place for your question.

Edited by edge2022, 05 April 2009 - 04:30 PM.