Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Request DVD Burner Software Recommendation

• Please log in to reply

Maccwa

Maccwa

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Can someone please recommend a DVD burning program for me? I accidentally bought an OEM DVD burner (Pioneer DVR-116D) and it came with no software.

My head is spinning from searching the Internet. Most of the reviews and ratings I see on the most popular programs (Nero and Roxio) all say that they suck. How can that be?

I need a good, easy-to-use program with a DVD decoder (to watch DVDs) and with the ability to use my new DVD driver to burn movies, music, and data. Right now it's just a paperweight.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
There are lots of free version software out there that will do what you want.
Click Here to look at a list of free burning software. VLC is a free video player that will play most movies.
I hope this helps in your search.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Hi Maccwa,

I personally use Deepburner(the free one) which is on that list rshaffer61 recommended. The video player I use is AVS Media Player. It is free and extremely easy and basic like you requested.

Here is another list of media players on GeekstoGo, HERE

Good Luck!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thanks for the additions Ferrari. I just downloaded the VLC player and it seems really good.