Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account Login to Account

Help what does this mean?LXCYtime.dll..vista problem?

• Please log in to reply

tribble

tribble

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi I know absolutely nothing about computers or their systems except what I can see in front of me.So I have to apologize in advance.This comes up on my computer:
C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\LXCYtime.dll
Things are not quite working the way they used to before she"cleaned it up".We both use this computer she downloads torrents and I do the FACEBOOK thing..lol.
We have Windows Vistax64 sp1 Home Premium.
I tried to reinstall the Vista disc to fix it but it's still the same.System restore didn't work either.I think she may have erased something important.If so ,how do I fix it..remember I know nothing about computers what so ever...so please go easy on me..lol :)

Advertisement

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,037 posts
Hello welcome to GeeksToGo, We will be happy to help you.

You must have a lexmark printer? This file is part of the lexmark connect program. The easiest step is to reinstall the lexmark drivers. That should fix the problem.
Try that and if it doesn't include the requested info in your next post Also include the model of printer

I will need some more information
If it is a name brand system:
Make and Model
Operating System
Age of the computer
Memory Total
Hard Drive Size, How much free space

If it is custom then I will need the following:
The CPU brand and model
The Motherboard brand and model
Ram amount and speed
Cd\Dvd rom interface IDE/ SATA
Hard Drive size and free space
Any cards in PCI slots
Any software installed\updated and driver updates done just before problem started

All this will help in determining a course of action to best correct the problem you are experiencing.

Edited by rshaffer61, 05 April 2009 - 03:40 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,037 posts
I just want to add that although having and using P2P programs is not illegal, alot of the files that are downloaded with them can contain malware, virus's and trojans.
Using these programs can greatly increase your chances of infection. If you believe that there may be an infection on your system (although your problem does not seem to be an infection) you should go to the "Malware Forum" link in my signature below and follow the instructions at the top
Especially the "You Must Read This Before Posting A HijackThis Log".

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself.
If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty start a topic and post the requested logs in THAT forum.
Once the malware technicians have cleared out any infection and given you a clean bill of health, if the problem continues then feel free to post back here and we can investigate the problem even more.

Edited by rshaffer61, 05 April 2009 - 05:45 PM.

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured