Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

EPSON Scan software will not start

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have recently bought an EPSON Stylus SX105, and installed it following all the instructions. The printer works fine, but the scanner does not - the scanning software, called ESPON Scan, just will not start up, even if printer is connected fine and all of the drivers are installed. I tried to use the scanner through Adobe Photoshop Elements as well, but it just crashes, just like the EPSON Scan program itself. I have installed and uninstalled it all a lot of times, installed the latest drivers from the EPSON site, and everything. I'm on Windows Vista, and I have all the basic system requirements, I think. Any idea what I could do to fix the problem? Someone clever? Thanks! x

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try here...get the scan driver...
its the 3rd one down

Epson Stylus SX105
Software name:
Scan Version: 3.430
File Size: 10.65Mb (11169792 bytes)
Released: 22 Sep 2008

Windows Vista
Windows Vista 64-bit
Windows XP
Windows XP 64-bit
Windows 2000
EPSON Scan directly controls all of the features of your EPSON scanner. With this software you can scan images in color, grayscale, or black and white and obtain professional quality results. This program is the standard cross-platform interface between your scanner and most applications. You can access it from any application that supports the TWAIN standard.

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi, I have a an Epsom L355 with the same problem. 

I fixed it as follows:

> if Epsom Scan is open, close it before continuing.

> go to the Registry Editor (regedit)

> open "Software"

> open "EPSON" > "EPSON Scan" > "ES00E2" > "Environment"

> in the right hand side pane right click "Main Window Position X"

> click on "Modify"

> select the "Decimal" option

> change the "Value data:" value to 0 (zero)

> click "OK"

> do the same for "Main Window Position Y"

> Close the Registry editor

Epson Scan now opens in the top left corner of your screen, or if you have more than one screen, it will open in the top left corner of you top left screen.

(Thanks to Song of Solomon who pointed me to the regedit in another thread on this same topic.)  

Edited by Fatfish, 19 May 2016 - 04:18 AM.