Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

code 10 wont reinstall graphics card,after i uninstalled it

• Please log in to reply

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
I come with good news!!!!!I got the card working,this is how I did it..

I put the card back into the pci slot,I left the monitor connected to the onboard card,I started comp.Found new hardware wizard automaticly installed the new card,but it did not install the catilist control center for the card.I disabled the onboard card in device manager,rebooted comp.into bios,set pci as primary card,saved and exit.Then I turn comp off,hooked the monitor into the pci card,restarted comp.
I am now running off the radeon card!!!!!!yay!I opend device manager open properties,there are no conflicks with the card!!
But the catilist control center for the card is not installed,because new found hardware installed it not the C.D.
Will this cause any problems and will I get the full effects of the card?
Should I dellete the new card then install it from the C.D.
This the biggest a smiled in the last 2 weeks :)

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can adjust the resolution to any you like and it holds the settings even after rebooting. The card is still working with no problems after rebooting. Then you have successfully fixed your problem. :)

:) CONGRATULATIONS :)

I am so happy for you. This one was a definite mind bender for everyone. :) :) :) :)
Please let me know how it works for the next few days. For now I am happy to say:

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help.
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

Edited by rshaffer61, 03 May 2009 - 06:56 PM.

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
You have alot of patiance ,I almost gave up once I we got the onboard card working.I thank you,you stuck with it till the end and solved alot of problems,geekstogo has helped me many times its no question on were to go when I have a problem.
This was a test of will and I must say I learned alot and hopefull will never have to go through this again.I thank you !I thank you!I thank you!
So the card will work at its full patential?
I was thinking maybe the ATi catalist control center was the problem?Because It only worked on express desktop and maybe conflickting with the drivers?Anyways I thank everyone who took part in this,rshaffer High-five!!!!

WE WON! WE WON!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
This might sound funny and I think it might a brain fort but were do I set the graphics and color and so on?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Right click on the desktop where there is no icons
go to properties
then click on the settings tab

From there you will see screen resolution and color settings

To do the background, desktop, screen saver and appearance you will see the tabs on the same properties window.

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Thank you!!!
:)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are very welcome and thank you for the kind words. It makes what I do so much more fulfilling to know I have helped you resolve your issue.
Again thank you for allowing me to help you and for your patience.

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
WOW!!!Who would think installing a graphics card would lead to so many problems.I hate to post this here,I have already put you through so much confusion.I was trying to install a game today(DMZ North Korea)and when i put in the C.D. it did not start,so I click my computer then rite click drive (I:) it has no auto run option.(I also tryed a music C.D. and a DVD)so I cant install anything nor play a C.D.
I have never had this problem in the past,can you help?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sure,

Download TweakUiXp from the link in my signature below and install it. Run program and now
In left window pane click on the + sign next to My Computer
Now click on + next to Autoplay and then click on Drives
Any drive you want to have Auto Play enabled just make sure there is a check next to it.

Click Apply and then OK

Let me know if this works for ya :)

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
It now has the autorun option on the drive. but when i insert a C.D./DVD it doesnt start automaticly.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
ok do this:

Go to
Start and then to My Computer
Right Click on DVD\CDRW drive and then click on Properties
Select the Auto play Tab.
Select each item from the Pull Down list and what action to perform.
Select OK

You may want to reboot to make sure the changes take affect
Let me know if this works

Edited by rshaffer61, 04 May 2009 - 08:49 PM.

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Still doesnt work.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Well now ain't just a barrel of monkeys for ya. :)

OK I found a registry fix for ya while trying to figure out why TweakUI didn't work. This isn't mine but hopefully it will work. Before we do anything to the registry. Please backup your Registry by downloading:

ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed.
The standard registry backup options that come with Windows back up most of the registry but not all of it. ERUNT however creates a complete backup set, including the Security hive and user related sections. ERUNT is easy to use and since it creates a full backup, There are no options or choices other than to select the location of the backup files. The backup set includes a small executable that will launch the registry restore if needed.

Then after that is done do the following.
Go to Start and then to Run
Type in Regedit and click [b]Enter

1. In the left hand pane navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdrom
2. Right click on the white region of Regedit's right hand pane, click New, and then click DWORD Value
3. Enter AutoRun for the name of the new DWORD Value and press Enter. The new value should now appear in Regedit's right-hand column.
4. Right click the new value and choose Modify.
5. Click Decimal and set the Value Data field to 0 for Disabled or 1 for Enabled, then click OK.

Edited by rshaffer61, 04 May 2009 - 09:03 PM.

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Enter AutoRun for the name of the new DWORD Value and press Enter. The new value should now appear in Regedit's right-hand column.

After I hit enter I get this.
The registry editor cannot rename new value #1.The specified value name already exists.Type another name and try again.

I looked through the list.

The second line on the list has AuotRun REG-DWORD 0x00000001(1)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
"any other ideas on how to make the drive auto run when I insert a C.D. "

I will need to consult with another Tech Staff to see if they can advise. Please allow me to find one and see if they can help.