Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

code 10 wont reinstall graphics card,after i uninstalled it

• Please log in to reply

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
ok.after my computer restarted over 20 times today i called a friend who knows alot more than me about them (witch isnt very much)And he noticed that the fan on top the little tower thing on the mother board was spinning very slow(witch i thought was normal)and not cooling it off good makeing it over heat,therefor shutting the computer down,so i bout a new one,it spins very fast.and the tower is staying cool,we put the computer throu a test playing every game i have,and it never restarted and the tower never got warm.very sorry i wasted some of your time with my lack of nolage on computers.but the ati graphics card problem i still have.and im still yet to get a replie on there site after 6 days.for some reason it only works correct on extended desktop and i still have to reinstall it after a reboot.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Well I am very happy that you were able to find the problem. The fan you describe is most likely the cpu fan.
I have said numerous times that heat is the biggest problem for a system and your issue has really proved that. As far as you wasting my time, that would never happen. You gave me a issue that made me research allot and I really like to find answers for people. With all that being said:
You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. Thank you for allowing me to assist you with your issue and your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help.
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
any idea about the graphics card problem?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok hopefully this will attach correctly. I found the d3dm700.dll that was mentioned back sometime ago as being old and needed to be replaced. Go Here to download it. If you are using IE then save it directly to C:\Windows\System

If you are using Firefox or Safari then save it to your desktop and then right click on the file>>copy>then paste it in the
c:\windows\system directory

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
This computer hates me,i cant download that file to the desktop its showing its a link?i created a account on media file and i still cant save it?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
There should be a download button or click on the file. Try Here
Log in and then you should be able to get to it from there. Let me know if this helps

Edited by rshaffer61, 20 April 2009 - 09:25 AM.

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
lol that sites in french are something,

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try again, I just tried it and realized that the url was wrong.I just fixed and it went right to the site. I'm sorry for the mistake :)

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Is that in MY COMPUTER/ LOCAL DRIVE C: ?i found the download but wasnt sure if thats were i have to save it?i didnt see C:\Windows\System?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If it is the file then it prob saved it there. Once oyu have it saved then go to
Start>My Computer>click on C drive
then scroll down till you find the Windows folder and click on that
Now scroll down till you find the System folder and click on that
Now find the file you downloaded>right click on it> then click on copy. Go back to the system folder which you opened before and right click on the right window where there is no writing and then click on paste.
Now the file should be in the folder. If it asks to overwrite existing file make sure the new one is actually newer. If so click yes and it will be replaced.
Close everything down. Reboot and then try it and let me know if it is working now

Advertisements

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
told you the computer hates me,after i click yes to overwrite existing file it gives me this .cannot copy it is being used by another person are program,close any programs the might be useing the file and try again.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
grrr this is really turning into a test of wills. Give me some time to do more researching.

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
OK.Sorry about that

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Let me ask you, did this system have onboard video before this all started? Just something is not making sense and I'm looking at the chain of events and there is a piece missing here.

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
it has a intel R graphics controler and I disabled it in device manager