Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

code 10 wont reinstall graphics card,after i uninstalled it

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok so that is built onboard. Did you go into bios and disable onboard? If you just disabled it in device manager then the chipset is still active when you bootup.
Try rebooting and at first post screen where it counts up the memory tap the DEL key. That will get you into bios\cmos area. Do not change anything unless instructed to do so. Look for the area that says something about "Integrated" and then look for onboard display. If it is set to enable then highlight it and click the enter key. This should bring up a little box. Change the setting to disabled by checking the bottom of the screen and it should tell you how to change it. Usually it will be the page up or page down or + or - buttons. When it's set to disabled then click the F10 button to save and exit. you will be prompted again to save and exit. Click Y and the system should now reboot.
Once in windows then see if it is working and post the results in your next reply

Advertisements

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
OK tapping del didnt work so i googled it and it said to tap f1.it took me to the system bios.under advanced tab it said promary video adapter pci,i clicked it and pressed enter and there it had primary video adapter pci,wich was checked and onboard wich was not checked,so im guessing the onboard video is disabled.did i do it right?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes you did. Congratulations. Now have you been able to tryu it and if so what were the results?

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
still have to manuly install graphics card after a reboot

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:) Hmm, well this may be one of those occasions where we need to do a repair installation.

Let me ask, you said something a few posts back and I just found it again..Can you explain what you meant by the highlighted text in the below quote

"but the ati graphics card problem i still have.and im still yet to get a replie on there site after 6 days.for some reason it only works correct on extended desktop and i still have to reinstall it after a reboot. "

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
ok a catalist (control center)appears near the clock on the bottom left of the screen.the only way it works is i have to click were it says extended desktop,then the screan goes blank and comes back on smaller.only then will the graphics card work.then i have to click on advanced setup were i can make changes to color size and so on, it doesnt work on basic setup,when in basic setup i cant see the options because there on top of each other and when i click them they dont work.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Interesting, then the catalyst is over riding the windows settings. Let's try something. Boot up and don't use catalyst.
Right click on your desktop where there are no icons>click on properties>
In the window that opens click on the Settings tab
please include the following in fo in your next reply

Display>>this is your monitor
Screen resolution 0000x0000>>>> what are the 0's
Color Quality

Then click on advance button and find Adaptor tab>>>>what does it say for adaptor type

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
when i right click on desktop then click properties it shows me display properties to pick a theme for my desktop.i dont see a settings tab nor any other tab.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Here is what I see when I do the same thing. the tabs on top you are not seeing?

Edited by rshaffer61, 21 April 2009 - 08:10 PM.

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
it says display settings on top like yours but it doesnt have any tabs

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
So all you have is the Theme tab and none of the others?
Thats really strange, try going at it this way
Start>Control Panel>Display
then see if the tabs on top show up

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
still no tabs,theres no theme tab either,but its on the themes window,could this be the same cause as to why the catalist center doesnt have tabs in normal mode?and why i couldnt get some of the programs in the malware section to work?because those programs look like they were(broken) to.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
This could very well be. It just struck me funny when you said what you did in post 66
Now maybe this is starting to come together. What is catalyst part of?

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
its the control center for my ATi Radeon 9250 graphics card

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok, can you do something for me?
Please go toGo to START-->RUN and type devmgmt.msc
Go down to Display Adaptors, click on the little plus sign and tell me what graphics it is showing? I'm just curious