Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

code 10 wont reinstall graphics card,after i uninstalled it

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Let me check into this. I don't know why Net wizard would be looking at a video card.
C:\program files\Net Devil\Auto Assault\patcher\apppatcher.exe
Is this a game of some sort?
Everything else besides the ngen.exe is related to the Ati card.

Advertisements

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
If its a game I have never heard of it.Also I just put my onboard card as primary,disabled my ATi card,updated my onboard card and when the computer rebooted,the onboard card I just updated doesnt work.It has a X over it as well as over the ATI card in device manager.Should I take my ATi card out,uninstall it,then try to update my onboard card to try and narrow down the problem?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
"Should I take my ATi card out,uninstall it,then try to update my onboard card to try and narrow down the problem? "

Yes try that and then we can find out if the new card is the problem or not

"If its a game I have never heard of it"

Do you have any ideal where it came from? This is making me suspicious now as to what is causing this problem.

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
I have never heard of it,the name doesnt sound to good,but it has ATi in it maybe its part of the program,are maybe its maleware that has taken over the program?
Im have to leave to travel to a job in a few .I will be back tomorrow night with the results from uninstalling the ATi card.Do you know of any good driver cleaners,ive read up alot and it seems parts are left behind after a uninstallation ,and it doesnt seem that driver sweeper is delleteing anything and all other driver cleaners ive found are not free and i dont like downloading random programs because of maleware?Let me know when you want me to kick the computer.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I think just because the file is not known by you or installed by you that it would be wise to take a trip back to the malware forum and have it checked out. I realize this may not be what you want to do but I think that it would be for the best at this time. We may be trying to fix something and it could be a open cut instead of a scratch. With that Here are the instructions I am suggesting.

Please go to the "Malware Forum" link in my signature below and follow the instructions at the top
Especially the "You Must Read This Before Posting A HijackThis Log".

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself.
If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty start a topic and post the requested logs in THAT forum.
Once the malware technicians have cleared out any infection and given you a clean bill of health, and if the problem continues then feel free to post back here and we can investigate the problem even more.

Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
I uninstalled my ATi driver hardware and software,went into bios,set onboard as primary.Updated and enabled my onboard card in device manager and got this code.windows cannot initialize the device for this hardware (code 37)I googled this code and went to micrsoft and did everything it said there.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123 and my onboard still dont work.also i found the red devil program under files and programs and delleted it,it was a game of some sort.I sent a message to maleware staff to reopen old post are to start a new one.I will post here with the url soon as i find out.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. Something is stopping this from working and I would find it hard to believe that it is a bad card again. Lets make sure with the Techs in malware checking everything again. I will be waiting and also you may want to provide them a link to this topic so they can see everything we have done. That way they don't have you do anything that we haev already tried unless they honestly believe it will work after infection is cleaned.
Again thank you for being so patient with this.

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
I thank you for your time and patience.Im sure there was a problem b4 the card install it just went unoticed by me,hopefully we can get this problem fixed and im very quirious as to what the problem is,thanks again for your time.this is the link to the post that was reopend in maleware section.
http://www.geekstogo...in-t234969.html

Edited by itryed2, 23 April 2009 - 06:39 PM.

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Back again with a clean bill of health from the maleware section.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
How is the problem now?
Did they get it working for you?
Was there indeed a infection as I suspected?

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
There was no infection. Definitely not malware related this one

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
No malware.The problems still there,cant update onboard card,when i rightclick the desktop theres still no tabs under properties,all other programs seem to b working fine

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Well that just throws me for a loop then. :)
I believe I'm going to have to get one of the Tech Staff to look through this and see if they can come up with something I may have missed. I still can not believe it is another bad card. Let me find one to help us out. Thank you again for being so patient with this issue. :)

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
I dont think its a bad card.Because my onboard card doesnt update and it worked perfect b4 I put in the new cards,and now it dont.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Artellos is looking over the issue and has agreed to assist when he is caught up with everything I have suggested :)

Edited by rshaffer61, 27 April 2009 - 06:18 PM.