Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

code 10 wont reinstall graphics card,after i uninstalled it

• Please log in to reply

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Thank you I will b here.

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Hello everyone :)

Took me a while to read over a 3 page thread :)

Now, I am just going to ask questions. Correct me when you've already tried it, or did it in another way.
Details, details and more details :)

Have you guys tried removing the drivers of the ATI card through the device manager?
I did see you removed the on-board drivers, but they get re-installed.

Regards,
Olrik

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Thanks for helping.At this point the ATI driver software and hardware is removed,i removed it through device manager,and removed the card from the computer.When I turned the computer back on Found New Hardware reinstalled the onboard card.I went to BIOS and put the onboard card as the Primary card.But when I open device manager it shows a yellow ! near the onboard card.I try updateing it,it gives me a code.Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37).I looked up what a code 37 means,and it led me to this site.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123

I did everything it said there to get the onboard card working but it still doesnt work.

So at this point to rull out the ATI card I uninstalled it.

We are only working with the onboard card.

Problems are.

Bad graphics.

Pages move slow when scrolling.

When I right click desktop and open properties I have no tabs on display properties as in post #69.

I tryed uninstalling onboard card through device manager,then scan for hardware changes,then reinstall,still doesnt work.Microsoft update keeps poping up saying found update for Intel(onboardcard) it updates then asked to reboot computer.After the reboot the card doesnt work.Hope this was helpfull.

Edited by itryed2, 28 April 2009 - 01:13 PM.

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Hello itryed2,

Could you make a screenshot of your device manager with all the warnings visible?
Here is a good guide on how to upload an image to Geeks to Go. (Thanks to Ztrucker)

Regards,
Olrik

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Error Upload failed. The file was larger than the available space,how can I make it smaller?I have a screen shot of the device manager and display properties

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Use pain to save it as a JPG file :)

Regards,
Olrik

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hi guys, I didn't leave for long.
Just wanted to say If your attachment is to big to attach then go to Mediafire . Register and upload your file. Then reply with the link located to the right of your now uploaded file on Mediafire

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Hope this helps

Attached Thumbnails

• zscreen1.jpg
  • zscreen.jpg

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Hello itryed2,

Take a look here on how to repair windows XP.
There is something wrong with those display properties that I am uncertain of.

Regards,
Olrik

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Claps hands like a little kid.IT worked!!Windows Repair fixed the onboard card and display properties.After about 3 hours of windows repair and updates everything seems to b working fine.THANK YOU!!!!!!
I had tryed windows repair last week but I went about it all wrong pressing R instead of enter at the windows setup screen.I have a few questions to ask.
1.when I restart my computer it ask wich operating system to use.windows home and I dont remember the other one,it says press enter are wait and it will start on its own.It never done this befor is this normal,will it hurt anything?
2. Kaspersky trys to start everytime I restart my computer and has an error and I cant dellete its virus removal tools icon on my desktop(this was installed in the maleware section to scan for viruses)
3.Should I even attemp to install the ATi video card after all the problems we went through ?

Edited by itryed2, 29 April 2009 - 09:04 PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Congratulations itryed2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Artellos is the man :)

For Kaspersky please do the following and check to see if there is a entry in the startup. Uncheck it if there is.

Lets see what you have in your startup

Please click on
Start and then to Run
Type in msconfig and press Enter
Now click on Startups
Then uncheck everything that mentions Kaspersky's
Post back with the results

Edited by rshaffer61, 29 April 2009 - 09:21 PM.

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
theres no kaspersky in start up,Artellos is the man notworthy.gif .

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK then let's look in Add and Remove and see if it's hiding there.

Do this by going to Start >> Control Panel >> Click Add/Remove Programs
Scroll down and see if there is a entry there. If not then:
Go To
Start>>>All Programs and and see if the program is hiding in there.
If no there then I would say it would be safe to delete it from your desktop.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
1.when I restart my computer it ask wich operating system to use.windows home and I dont remember the other one,it says press enter are wait and it will start on its own.It never done this befor is this normal,will it hurt anything?

Are you getting a black screen with this writing?

2. Kaspersky trys to start everytime I restart my computer and has an error and I cant dellete its virus removal tools icon on my desktop(this was installed in the maleware section to scan for viruses)

I just realized you said you couldn't delete the icon. Since it is starting on bootup then we will need to go at this a different way.

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
here we go again.lol.its not in add/remove nor in all programs,i try to delete the desktop icon i get this error.Cannnot delete advdis.ppl:Access is denied.Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use.

I am getting a blcak screen with that writeing

Edited by itryed2, 29 April 2009 - 10:53 PM.