Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

code 10 wont reinstall graphics card,after i uninstalled it

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I have asked SpySentinel to advise on how to delete Kaspersky for you.:)
I will let you know when he replies or he may just step in and let us both know. :)

Advertisements

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
That would b great.My eyes are killing me from 4 hours of sitting here.I will check back tomorow thanks again for all the time you have spent on this,im sure we both learnd alot.I will sleep well tonight.thanks rshaffer61

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

That would b great.My eyes are killing me from 4 hours of sitting here.I will check back tomorow thanks again for all the time you have spent on this,im sure we both learnd alot.I will sleep well tonight.thanks rshaffer61

I want to thank Artellos :) ,and you itryed2 also for being so patient with us in helping you with your issue.
Get some sleep, you deserve it. :)

Edited by rshaffer61, 29 April 2009 - 11:24 PM.

SpySentinel

SpySentinel

R.I.P.

• Retired Staff
  • 5,152 posts
Hi guys, hope you don't mind if I join in. Try this:

Exit any Kaspersky products you have,
Go into TaskManager... click Ctrl+alt+del and end all processed called avp.exe
run C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Kaspersky Lab Tool\unins000.exe.
When prompted to, click "yes" and restart your computer.

If the above does not work, download and install AVPtool again and do the same as instructed above.
If that does not work, disable Self-Defense in AVPtool and click "complete antivirus protection" (at the bottom-right of AVPtool)

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Thank you spy it worked,you have also been a great help I thank you for your time.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Now just as a suggestion :) you should relax and just enjoy your system for a couple of days. See how it works with reboots and everything and then in a couple of days you can try to reinstall the new video card. We will be here when you are ready or have any questions. At this point I just want to say:

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help.
This issue now appears to be resolved in part. :)

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

Edited by rshaffer61, 30 April 2009 - 07:03 AM.

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Before we say this is resolved, I wanted to give a shot at this question:

1.when I restart my computer it ask wich operating system to use.windows home and I dont remember the other one,it says press enter are wait and it will start on its own.It never done this befor is this normal,will it hurt anything?

This is related to the boot.ini.
Let's look at the boot.ini file.
  • Right click on My Computer and choose Properties
  • In the Properties window, click on the Advanced tab.
  • In the Startup and Recovery section, click on the Settings button.
  • In the window that opens, click on the Edit button...a notepad window will open (boot.ini)
  • copy the contents of that window and paste it here for me.

Regards,
Olrik

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm sorry I started to address that a few posts back and never finished it. :)

Edited by rshaffer61, 30 April 2009 - 07:54 AM.

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please do the following in the exact steps. Failure to do so could make the boot.ini damaged and cause unstable or unusable results with your system.:

Save a Backup Copy of Boot.ini

1. Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl and then click OK.
2. Click on the Advanced tab, and then click Settings
3. In the Startup and Recovery area at the bottom click Settings.
4. Under System Startup click Edit. This opens the Boot.ini file in Notepad ready for editing.
5. In Notepad, click File on the Menu bar, and then click Save As.
6. First in here change the location in the top white drop down box to Desktop. Then in the file name change to Boot.old and save as Text Document(*.txt) and save it to your Desktop and then click Save

Now you can repeat the steps to get back to step Number 4

Below you will see a sample of a Windows Professional boot.ini file. Yours will look the same except it say's Microsoft XP Windows Home Edition
Anything under the last line in the sample below...Delete
Save and Exit
Then reboot and see if the problem has now been fixed. Reply back with the results.

Sample Boot.ini File

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

Edited by rshaffer61, 30 April 2009 - 12:51 PM.

Advertisements

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
IT worked!!Now it seems everything is back to normal I will reply in a few days on how things are running.A few questions.

In a few days when im ready to install the ATi card how should I go about it to make sure it installs rite?

I should go in bios first and set pci as the primary card?And if so will my onboard keep trying to update again as it did last time? are will bois shut down my onboard card?

i want to thank everyone who helped!!!!I came real close to bringing the pc down to the fireing range.I am realy gratefull in all of your accestence.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Hello :)

The way you describe it would be the best course of action.
There would be no need to remove the on-board card drivers as they are 'standard' drivers built into the OS.

I'm glad you're sorted :)

Regards,
Olrik

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Congratulations again. Don't worry to much about the new card. When you are ready you can come back and post again in this topic and I'll catch up to you again. :) I'm sure if needed I can call on Artellos to help

itryed2

itryed2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Im haveing a popup that I had in the past im guessing the windows repair made it start again.

RUNNDLL
C:/Program Files/Common Files/Paretologic/UUS2/UUS.dll
The specified module could not be found

this is the post were they helped me last time.

http://www.geekstogo...es-t232337.html

Also can I dellete windows explorer?I never use it and when I do its allways crashing.

One more thing,should I do a diskcleenup and disk defrag after all this?Are should I wait a few days?

Edited by itryed2, 30 April 2009 - 05:41 PM.

SpySentinel

SpySentinel

R.I.P.

• Retired Staff
  • 5,152 posts
Hi itryed2, glad you were able to remove AVP Tool

Thank you spy it worked,you have also been a great help I thank you for your time.

You're welcome, glad I can help :)