Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Toshiba laptop no start, notta(new mem card)

• Please log in to reply

BobHud

BobHud

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the board and looking,
I put in additional memory cards for my Toshiba Satellite M110/115, pretty straight foward but when i went to restart it shows nothing but an AC power on light and a Batt charge light. I replaced with orginal card and no change. No fan notta, i tried function keys nothing, tried removing batt, samo. Also let it sit and notta. DOA!!!
Any ideas would be appreciated
BobHud

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Any post beeps?
When you power on is the system giving you any beeps?
This will tell alot if so.
Double check and make sure memory is seated correctly in the slot and in the right way.

BobHud

BobHud

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I rechecked the card install a few times, seems ok. No beeps no sound (fan, hd) no other lights other than batt chg and ac pwr
Thanks for jumping in on this
BobHud

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If you are not even getting a fan turning or hd spinning up the diagnosis is not good. You might try click Here and contact Toshiba directly about the problem.
If the system is still under warranty they may be able to fix it for you.
If not maybe they can offer advice on what is wrong or at least tell you where in your area is a authorized service center.
I'm sorry I could not help you resolve your issue.

BobHud

BobHud

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Follow Up---
Well as the Big Dummy I am I had unscrewed the case and in my attempt to open it and inadvertenly unplugged a connector. Reattached and all is well. Computer still seems slow, maybe just because Vista is the OS even with additional 1g of memory, ???.
Thanks for the help
BobHud

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try doing some maintenance on the system. Disk cleanup and defrag will go along way to helping the system running faster. Also check to see what is auto starting when you bootupp. Alot of programs doing this will slow the system startup time. I glad you got the starting problem figured out and if there is anything else I can assist you with please feel free to ask as we are here to help if we can.