Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ATISched.exe

• Please log in to reply

oldyellr

oldyellr

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have an ATI TV Wonder VE card that I first got when I was running Windows 98. I'm not sure, because I seldom use the feature, but I think that since I've had it in my Dell with Windows XP, I cannot record shows using the scheduler. This happens whether I do this from Guide Plus+ or from the TV application itself. When the scheduled program is to start, the application crashes and I get an ATISched.exe error. I even tried setting atisched.exe to run in Win98 compatibility mode with no success. Any clues?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try this fix, it seems simple but it may work

The answer is: Delete all your scheduled recordings.

It seems that this problem comes up when there's some sort of problem with a program name. So here's how to fix it:

Open the TV viewing program (which should still work okay without the Scheduler running), and click the check-mark box to open the setup window.

Then, click the "Schedule" tab, and click the "Delete All" button.

If that fixes the problem, then try to add your scheduled programs back in one-by-one and make sure that one of them wasn't triggering the error.

oldyellr

oldyellr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Okay, I got the ATISched.exe error when scheduling a program to record using Guide Plus+ when the recording was to begin. When I go to the Schedule tab in TV Player Setup, I get this right away: (atimmx.exe error).

Attached Thumbnails

• atimmc.jpg
  • atimmc2.jpg

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I found this write up on your problem

“ATIMMC.EXE has encountered a problem and must close”
This is most commonly caused when using versions of the Multimedia Center software later than 9.03 with Remote Wonder software before version 3.x. This error can be resolved by uninstalling the Remote Wonder software from add/remove programs, rebooting, and reinstalling with the newest versions of the Remote Wonder software

Go Here to download the newest version of the software
Click on your OS system
Then Card
Then Card model
click on Go

Edited by rshaffer61, 06 April 2009 - 01:31 PM.

oldyellr

oldyellr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the help! I have the new version installed now and get no errors. There was no place on the web that told me I needed to upgrade to a newer version when I searched the error. Version 7.9 always told me my system was inadequate to run the software, didn't even see my sound card. I had to reset my media file associations because ATI Media Player wanted to hijack everything and now I have to remember ho I got rid of the launch bar on my desktop.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so now the scheduler is working and neither error message is appearing right?
That is great to hear.
Congratulations. :)

oldyellr

oldyellr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm not sure if I can schedule it to record from the TV player, but I can do it from the Guide Plus+ grid for sure.

It's really great that ATI actually has a free upgrade for the TV Wonder software to work on XP. I have a UMAX scanner I installed when I had Win98 and I had to purchase the software to make it fully functional under XP. Now, that's a scam.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I am very happy for you that we could help get the card working correctly and rid you of the errors.
Please let me know if you have any other needs as I will be happy to help if I can.