Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

white boxes where icons should be

• Please log in to reply

Traeva

Traeva

• Pip
  • 3 posts
When i open any web page all the images appear as a white box. If I right click and select show image, then the image appears...see attached. If i navigate away from the page and come back the image is gone again. I ran virus check and made sure I had all updates installed but it's still doing the same thing. Everything was working fine in the evening but when I fired up my box in this morning everything was screwy.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files

Advertisements

Traeva

Traeva

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Fixed it! tools > internet options > under multimedia make sure show images is checked. Not sure how that got changed but it works like a champ now!

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Glad you got it fixed and thanks for letting us know. Other users might find they need the same fix.

Traeva

Traeva

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
The weird thing now is that it keeps doing it more often like it won't hold the setting. Any suggestions on what may be causing that?

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
Most times this is either a conflicting setting in one of your add-ons for IE - or it's a security/tweaking program that you use that's preventing the change. Malware can also do this.