Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Connect To the Internet!

• Please log in to reply

giovanna82274

giovanna82274

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hello. I recently downloaded the Panda software. It was a free trial. I did not realize that it also had a firewall. I was already using Zone Alarm. Well I uninstalled zone and kept panda because it was locking up. But now i cannot get on the internet. I also have a network going. I can, however get on the internet on my other computer which is the lptop. Please HELP!!! :tazz:

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and post your log as a new topic in the Hijack This forum. It will get a better response there from the people most qualified to analyze logs.

Most of what Hijack This lists lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

giovanna82274

giovanna82274

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok....I am really confused. I read the guidelines. I got to the part where it says if you can't connect to the internet download winoock. However, I can connect on my lptop. Jut not on my PC. How can I download it to my PC if I cannot connect??? I'm stumped.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok, if you have had zone alarm and have recently removed it lets check somethings. It sounds like there are some left overs that are blocking internet access:

look for:
vsdata.sys
vsdatant.sys

These should be located in the c:\windows\system or the c:\windows\system32 or c:\winnt\system32 depending on what os you may have. If these files are found you can right click on these files and choose properties. Under the version tab it should show ZoneLabs or zone alarm.

These two files can be deleted.

Look for a folder called "internet logs" under c:\windows or c:\winnt
this folder can be deleted.

if c:\program files\zone alarm\ or c:\program files\zone labs\ exists the folder can be deleted.

now one last thing, go to start run and type in regedit. look for Hkey_local_machine in the left colum. Double click to expand it. go down to software and expand that selection. scroll down till you see zonelabs or zone alarm. If it exists then delete it.

Restart your pc and it should be ok.

if you have any questions please let me know.

Starjax

Camper12

Camper12

• Pip
  • 6 posts
1.run CMD and type in "NET START" without quotations

2.try to download Winsock http://www.softpedia...load-15337.html

Hope it works:)