Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to make sure IE opens in full window?

• Please log in to reply

bartnoel

bartnoel

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hi there

Every time I click on a link IE opens in a tiny window. I tried to correct it but can't find any way of making sure IE opens in full window, or at least half a normal window.

How to do this? Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Oreo Collas

Oreo Collas

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
The first thing I would try is to close all wondows open on your computer. Open up one internet explorer window and resize it to the desired size by clicking the lower right hand corner and dragging it. Once set at the desired size close IE and restart your computer. This should save the last used size settings. This will not open them in full screen, but will open them in the size that you set it as when it is not full screen. This may not work if you have any other windows open so you have to make sure ALL windows are closed. Let me know how this works for you. I will research a way to start the windows in full screen for you.

smith134

smith134

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Oreo Collas is absolutely right. Sometime me too facing this kind of issue. Internet Explorer window will open that size when it closed.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
I am going to tell everyone a well kept secret. Resize your Internet Explorer to the size you want it. Press and hold shift then click on the X. It should say the same size when you open it next.

Oreo Collas

Oreo Collas

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Ohh. Nice one tuxmaster . Can you possible provide me with a link to more secerets such as that?

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts

Ohh. Nice one tuxmaster . Can you possible provide me with a link to more secerets such as that?

Nope sorry. I was mainly making a joke becouse I remember having this issue and it took me forever to find the solution.