Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant remove Adobe Photoshop CS3

• Please log in to reply

IaBi

IaBi

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Heyah fellow Geeks

I need your help: -
i have tried to removed Adobe Photoshop CS3 the simple and normal way
(start>set program access and defaults> change or remove programs> remove adobe photoshop CS3)
i wasn't successful in doing it that way, it asked me to insert a disk of which i do not have because it belonged to a friend, so what i decided to do was go in the the HDD and delete all the files from there.
Im not quite sure weather it has been deleted or not, but it still appears in my Add or Remove program's list, and whenever i click on remove the program it always gets up to a certain point then says that Adobe Photoshop CS3 has failed to remove & Adobe Photoshop CS3 shared componentes have failed to be removed.
If there is a way to remove the program from there can anyone tell me how to please.
Thanks alot
IaBi xD

Advertisements

IaBi

IaBi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Heyah Guys
Im still having this problem
Can anyone help me :)
Thanks
IaBi

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Sorry you had to wait. I'm not that good at this unless I have a computer in front of me as I can do better than I can explain. That being said, try looking at the following and see if those instructions from Micro$oft will work for you:

How to Manually Remove Programs from the Add/Remove Programs List
Remove Invalid Listings from Add/Remove Programs
Removing invalid entries from Add or Remove Programs

Other Google Sources

Other than deleleting program from Windows' Program Files folder, there are Registry Entries which will have become invalid. Usually these are no problem, but many programs drop a folder or two under other areas of hard drive. Maybe something like "c:\User\AppData" or something like that.

HTHs for now,

IaBi

IaBi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Heyah Major Payne

Thank you very much for you help
I have now managed to solve the problem
Once again
Thanks alot

IaBi

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Wow. That IS good news! You are definitely most welcome. Glad to have been of some small assistance.