Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

One website and FTP site won't open

• Please log in to reply

vrtclsmile

vrtclsmile

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
I'm working on some issues at a company with multiple networked computers. One particular computer will not open the company's website, nor its FTP site. The sites are not hosted here - they are hosted by a third party. Every other computer on the network will access these sites.

On the problem computer:

- the firewall is off
- content advisor is disabled
- it will access every other website
- it will access other FTP sites
- I have copied the settings from working computers for the FTP site; still won't connect (says it can't find it)
- XP Pro, SP3, IE 7
- Firefox won't access them, either

Thanks in advance for any help; let me know what other information you may need.

Advertisements

smith134

smith134

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
It might be possible, that particular computer is not persist on network domain, It might be possible that it is out of the network. Because only domain member can access the companies web site.
You should check about it's network connectivity.

Edited by smith134, 14 April 2009 - 03:33 AM.

vrtclsmile

vrtclsmile

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Thanks for the reply; the computer in question is definitely on the network. I have flushed the cache and the DNS cache, but the results are still the same. Even with firewall turned off and every security setting turned off, the website of the company in question will not come up on one computer.

mike_hammerton

mike_hammerton

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, (I'm new to this forum), but I have been having a similar problem for weeks! All the computers I use at work, parents, mates places etc (PC, Mac & mobile) can view this particular website. However on my home computers laptop and desktop; both are mac I cannot load this site. I cannot even get the Dreamweaver (FTP) connection anymore. I had been using this site LOADS, everyday for months. Now - nothing.

ISP have checked DNS etc settings all works fine. - Even ran me through it via there back end stuff...
Hosters of the site have run all there checks...all working fine. Even did a 'ping' test and the site is all working fine
My mac and laptop - wont connect at all though:(

Really strange to bring up considering its a mac, but could this be a virus??

Any advise for a mac user????

Thank you very much for anyones time and help in advance.

Edited by mike_hammerton, 19 May 2009 - 04:13 PM.