Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dual Disply Using ATI Mobility Radeon X1400

• Please log in to reply

svadula

svadula

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Lenovo T60 with Windows 2000 OS. The video card is an ATI Mobility Radeon X1400. I am also using a second monitor, an Acer AL1916 LCD display. My problem is that I can not set up Extend Mode operation. The Clone mode works, showing two identical screens on my laptop and the Acer monitor. The Stretch mode also works where both monitors are treated as a single large display. This is not the mode I desire to use. What I need is to put it into Extend Mode operation where the two screens will be treated as independent entities and display contents will not straddle the two monitors as in the stretch mode.
I am quite sure that I have all the correct, original drivers installed. The ATI Catalyst control center only shows one item in the 'Graphics Adapter' selection window - 1.ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 [Default LCD + Acer AL1916]. I believe if the extended mode were achievable I should see two listings, one for each monitor so I can set all resolutions independently.
In the 'Desktop and Display' window I can see the laptop and external monitors and set up the Clone and Stretch modes. I have an active option for the Extend mode, but selecting it produces no response. I only see the numeral 1 in the accompanying window, I would expect to see 1 and 2.

If I right-click on the desktop and look at Display Properties, the Settings tab says 'Multiple monitors on ATI Mobility Radeon X1400'. The two monitors are not identified separately.

Attached is a pdf document showing the two screens I am trying to explain above.

I am hopelessly suspicious that the ATI card in the T60 computer I am using does not suppor the mode of operation I desire, can someone tell me what the problem is?

Attached Files

Advertisements