Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WHAT IS "dumprep 0 -u"?

• Please log in to reply

WILDCARD

WILDCARD

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
"dumprep 0 -u" is on my startup list in msconfig. The "Command" column says "%systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -u". I wanna know what it is, does & if i should/can disable it? Any & all help is appreciated.

Thx in advance........ :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
that is the process that pops up the box saying "Your system has recoverd from a serious error...would you like to send a report to Microsoft?"

WILDCARD

WILDCARD

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thx & does it take up much processor?

woohoofulness

woohoofulness

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
you can tell how much "processing power" it takes up by looking at the details under it's image name. Hit Ctrl+Shift+Esc this brings up task manager, click on the processes tab. Find your process and then one of the right-most columns it should tell you. I might have misunderstood if this process is not running desregard all these instructions.

WILDCARD

WILDCARD

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Actually its in the System Configuration Utility thats brought up by the run/msconfig tab. Heres a screensgot of it in case your not sure what im referring to - http://img32.echo.cx...435/ss106dr.jpg. Its the one highlighted in dark blue.