Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen --STOP 0x000000f4 (0x00000003,0x89b179e0,0x89b17b54,0x805d

• Please log in to reply

vandi

vandi

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi All,

I have T61 Lenovo Laptop. Its a year old. Since two days I am getting Blue screen with

STOP 0x000000f4 (0x00000003,0x89b179e0,0x89b17b54,0x805d2970) erro code.

Everytime I restart the system, I am getting new error codes. I got all the below errors

kernel_stack_inpage_error
irql_not_less_or_equal
unmountable_boot_volume

I have restored to factory reset state too...
Once I start installing the Windows updates and other software, I get all the above errors, evrytime I restart.
After restarting it for nearly 10 - 20 times, I will be able to log on.

Can any of you pls let me know, what the problem is and how should I fix it.

Thanks
Vandi

Advertisements

snip3r marc

snip3r marc

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
i have had this if you have hp then i would sugest a hp update

vandi

vandi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,

Let me know what updates you have installed. I would try in Lenevo support center.

Thanks

Oreo Collas

Oreo Collas

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Wow. There seems to be a lot of blue screens going around lately. This almost looks like your hard drive may be bad, but I would not say that to be certain. We'll have to see what one of the professionals say about this.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Let's check your memory and make sure there is no issue with it.Donwload memtest86 from the link in my signature below.
There are two different ways you can setup the tests depending on your system.

Floppy drive version you can get the 6th file down
Set the bios to boot from the floppy drive A: first
Cd drive Second
Then the Hard drive C:

For cd iso version get the 2nd file down and burn the ISO file to a cd and then boot it from the cd drive...

if you don't have a burning program that will burn .ISO files get burncdcc in my signature below.

NOTE...do not put a blank cd in until burncdcc opens the tray for you
1. Start BurnCDCC
2. Browse to the ISO file you want to burn on cd/dvd ....in this case its memtest86.iso
3. Select the ISO file
4. click on Start

Make sure the bios is set for the cd drive as the first boot device
Put the cd in the cd drive and then boot your computer.

Run memtest for at least 2 hours
If it starts showing any errors during that time then you will have to replace the memory
If there are no errors after 2 hours press Esc and that will end the tests
We will then try other options

vandi

vandi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,

Thanks for the response. I have performed the memory Test yesterday using the memtest tool. There are no issues with memory.

After restoring the system to factory state, I am downloading s/w updates from Microsoft. Is that casuing problem?

Thanks

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
There is not much available on this particular STOP error except to suggest it is related to the IDE configuration -- that is the cabling or the controller on the ide channel to which the drive is connected.

vandi

vandi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Again I turned off and restarted my Laptop. I got
session3_Initialization_error.

After that when I restarted again I got the below error in BLUE screen.

nv4_disp.dll
Beginning dump of physical memory

Thanks

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
The STOP 0xF4 error is a bear to troubleshoot, but considering the other errors you've had I'd have to suspect your hard drive.

Here's some basic info on the STOP error: http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0xf4
And here's some more specific info from the Windows Debugging Tools:

Bug Check 0xF4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
The CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION bug check has a value of 0x000000F4. This indicates that a process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

Parameters
The following parameters are displayed on the blue screen.

Parameter Description
1 The terminating object type:

0x3: Process

0x6: Thread

2 The terminating object
3 The process image file name
4 Pointer to an ASCII string containing an explanatory message

Cause
Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the system. When they are terminated for any reason, the system can no longer function.

This tells us that it was a process (parameter 1) that terminated, and that the process was located at 0x89b17b54 (parameter 3)
You can tell a bit more about it by capturing the memory dump and running it through the Windows Debugging Tools (more info on how to do that here: http://usasma.vox.co...ed-02oct08.html )

But, since there's some indication that this may be the hard drive, the memory dump files may not reveal anything significant.

I'd suggest running the Recovery Console ( http://www.bleepingc...utorial117.html ). Once in the Recovery Console, try typing the command "chkdsk /r" (without the quotes) and pressing Enter. Let it run and tell us if it shows any errors being repaired.

Beyond that, you can also run a bootable hard drive diagnostic. This is available from the website of your hard drive manufacturer and is usually free.

vandi

vandi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have run Harddrive diagnostic supplied my manufacturer. It didnt sho wany errors.
I checked the turorial provided by you. With T61 Lenovo, Windows XP is not installed externally.
Can you pls let me know, how to install recovery console on T61?

thanks

Oreo Collas

Oreo Collas

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I believe this could also be caused by a bad connection. If you feel comfterable with taking a screw driver to your computer I would recommend making sure your hard drive is seated properly. Can't hurt to double check

1 Power down your computer and make sure it is not plugged into a power source and take out the battery.
2 Hold the power button down for a couple seconds to make sure there is no residual power left in your computer.
(NOTE: Your lights may flash but the computer should not turn on.)
3 Close your lap top and turn it around so you are looking at the underside of it.
4 Unscrew the screws securing your hard drive. There may be symbols of something resembling a can next to each screw that holds the hard drive.
5 Slide your hard drive out and inspect the connectors to make sure they are clean.
(NOTE: It should be snug and provide some resistance at first, but as soon as it begins to slide it should slide freely.)
6 Slide the hard drive back into place making sure to get it snug. Give it a little push to make sure it is snug but you should not have to force it.

Let us know if this works. It's possible that if the laptop was dropped or bumped hard that the hard drive may have slipped out of place.

smith134

smith134

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Have you try to repair your windows?
Follow this link:
http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
I'm unsure if the Lenovo recovery disks are setup to install the Recovery Console.
If not, then you can download an ISO of it using the links here: http://usasma.vox.co...epair-isos.html

An ISO file is a special file that needs to burnt to a CD with an ISO burner. This will put the files back on the disk the way that they need to be in order to make the disk bootable. There's a link to an ISO burner at the link above>

Once that's done, boot from the disk. At the first screen with choices on it one of the choices will be to press "R" to repair Windows using the Recovery Console. Choose that option to load the Recovery Console.

Edited by usasma, 09 April 2009 - 10:00 AM.

vandi

vandi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi All,

Thanks a lot for all your ideas.
I have replaced Harddrive. It is working fine now.

Thanks

t2011

t2011

• Pip
  • 1 posts
session3_Initialization_error.
guys i have discovered some of the main causes of this error,
1. it may be in the sata HDD power connection,i replaced mine recently and ive found out that the connector is bent,loose and dirty

2. memory issues, sometimes the bronze connectors need to be cleaned by a pencil eraser carefuly

3. hard disk drive issues, connecting bronze pins sometimes got corrosion, or dusty

thanks to all the people who shared in order to help others.happy holidays