Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blue screen and other problems

• Please log in to reply

zandre

zandre

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I was able to do a successful parallel install. What should be my next step in order to clean the virus off of this computer?

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Post a topic in the malware forum and let me know (pm) - I will clean you up and then you can come back here to finish off :)

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Post a topic in the malware forum and let me know (pm) - I will clean you up and then you can come back here to finish off :)

zandre

zandre

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
ok, I have just posted the issue on the malware forum. Thanks again for all of your help.

Zandre

zandre

zandre

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hello sir, did you have the chance to read my malware post? What should be my next step now that I have did a successful parallel install?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Give Essexboy some time as that forum is really busy. he will get to you and as you can tell he is very good at what he does

zandre

zandre

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
ok, thank you for your help so far also.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No problem when Essexboy finishes he may have you return to this topic and continue with any assistance if the issue continues.

zandre

zandre

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
have you had any experience cleaning the machine once a parallel install has been done?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I am not qualified to clean malware or virus infection so I cannot say. Once Essexboy has cleaned your system of infections then hopefully the parallel install will not be needed, but if so we can work with it. If i don't know the answer there are several Techs online and they will be happy to assist me if needed.

Edited by rshaffer61, 14 April 2009 - 11:33 AM.

Advertisements

zandre

zandre

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
issue is solved. please close this thread

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thank you for letting us know. If you can would you mind explaining how the issue was resolved?
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help.
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

zandre

zandre

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I did the format c and reinstalled it. It turned out I didn't need the registration code because the previous owner had a "reinstall" disk, so it didn't prompt me for the key code. I do have an issue thought with a couple of error messages, which I did a new post under error message windows xp. Thanks for your help.