Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Partition Magic 8 will not reinstall

• Please log in to reply

dnestorjr

dnestorjr

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
Some time back I had Partition Magic 8 installed on my PC & now i want to install it again, but when I run the setup file it get this:
Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this Product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel.
{6BE2A4A4-99FB-48ED-AE1E-4E850389F804}

The thing is, it is not in Add & Remove programs, even tried systems Mechanics Add & Remove & still get the same error, can some one help me out with this please? Thanks :)

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go to
Start>Search>click on files or folders> In search window type in Partition magic
Click Search
It may be finiing remnants of Nortons if it was on your system at one point or is still installed as Nortons parent company Symantexc is the maker of Partition Magic and Nortons AV

dnestorjr

dnestorjr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
this is the power quest version & i cant find it

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Repeat above except type in PowerQuest

Found this info for you

After purchasing the PowerQuest company, Norton has continued to ship PartitionMagic. Norton's PartitionMagic program has all the same features as PowerQuest PartitionMagic, and includes additional support for later operating systems like Microsoft Windows XP, supports partitions sizes as large as 300GB, support for more file systems, support for USB1.1, USB2.0, and Firewire external drives.

Do you have any norton products installed on your system?

Edited by rshaffer61, 08 April 2009 - 03:40 PM.

dnestorjr

dnestorjr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
The search returned no results
also did search for magic as well & nothing there either

& I Do not have any norton products

Im guessing something in the registry, but dont wanna mess with it, I really dont know much about the registry

dnestorjr

dnestorjr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
I did find these in REG Edit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PowerQuest
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1801674531-1450960922-839522115-1003\Software\PowerQuest\PartitionMagic

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No problem, we will try to stay away from that if possible. I can't guarantee another member or Tech staff will not advise that as we go.
First question is what are you needing partition magic and\or why are you trying to install Partition Magic for?
Second have you tried Here
for a alternative that is free to use. It's compatible with most OS's now

dnestorjr

dnestorjr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
i have 2 drives with data on them that Iwant to merge, I have used it in the past with no problem merging drives without data loss. But it seems that Easesus can do the same, I will give it a go. Thanks :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help. Please let us know how everything works out for you. If there is anything else I can do to help please feel free to ask.