Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE wouldn't open new windows

• Please log in to reply

jumungo4

jumungo4

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

I have a very big annoying problem. I cant seem to get IE to open a new window when I right click open in new window it just opens a new blank window and does nothing and never loads. I have just done a clean install and this was not happening before. Also when I try and download a file it says you are not authorized to view this page.
I have scanned for viruses nothing was found.
Does any1 now how to fix this annoying problem.
Could SP2 be causing the problem?
Thanks

Advertisements

John_Doe

John_Doe

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
I have had SP2 problems, but have you scanned for spyware with Ad-aware and spybot.

**Edited by an Administrator. This is NOT a great tool. It only *partially* removes the specific infection, which you do not even know if this user has. And, it also leaves behind DIFFERENT types of problems. WHY would anyone trust a "removal tool" from the company who infected them without their permission to begin with? I will never understand that.

Please do NOT post the link, or make any reference of, that so called "tool" again.

also go into your internet properties and check to make sure your homepage hasnt been changed. you might need to run "Highjackthis" save the log file and post it on your next response.

Edited by ~Kat~, 11 May 2005 - 01:18 AM.

jumungo4

jumungo4

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
it didnt find spyware any where.
Homepage has not been changed.
what do u change in sp2?

**Edited by an Administrator. This is NOT a great tool. It only *partially* removes the specific infection, which you do not even know if this user has. And, it also leaves behind DIFFERENT types of problems. WHY would anyone trust a "removal tool" from the company who infected them without their permission to begin with? I will never understand that.

Please do NOT post the link, or make any reference of, that so called "tool" again.

Edited by ~Kat~, 11 May 2005 - 01:18 AM.

John_Doe

John_Doe

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
This is what I would start off by doing if I was in your shoes.
1. since the problem didnt occur until after you installed SP2, you could uninstall it and see what happens
2. you could run the highjackthis program and post the log, altough I am not athorized to advise you on the log, I might beable to point you in the right direction, (per say) if I notice something out of the ordinary
3. re-install IE, there is a post on this, at the begining of the internet explorer forum page on how to repair/re install IE 6.0

I would save the uninstallation of SP2 as a last resort.

jumungo4

jumungo4

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks all.
I just reinstalled windows and it works fine now.
Thanks