Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CD/DVD Burners weird behavior

• Please log in to reply

pawprint

pawprint

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
I have just cleared the Malware forum:
http://www.geekstogo...OD-t233818.html

Here is a description of the problem:

I am running XP SP3 completely updated Intel core Duo E6550 2.33Ghz with 2gb RAM.
All of a sudden My Roxio Creator quit working. I followed the directions from Roxio for a clean install. Did it several times. I uninstalled both burners (CD/DVD and DVD) downloaded fresh drivers and restarted.

I have run SFC \Scannow It ran a long time.

What I have now: Both devices show in My Computer and Device Manager, AOK. When I start Roxio, Music Match or Voyetra Audio Surgeon with an audio CD in place I get “Device Not Found. If I open the CD with Windows Media Player or Irfanview it works perfectly.
I can burn to a CD/DVD in either drive and can read from them.

Thanks for looking

Errors:
C:\Windows\_delis32.ini missing (found this in my XO CD and replaced it.)

Can’t load Ghostscript or Ghostscript error. Install from http:sourceforge.net ( did not)

Mediahub.exe Application Error The exception Privileged instruction (Xc0000096) occurred in the application at location 0x0038a574.

Mediahup.exe Application Error he exception privileged instruction occurred in the application at location 0x014322fe.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Program:…ommon Files\Sonic Shared\SonicCentral\Main\Mediahub.exe R6025 –pure virtual function call

Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 10\Winword.EXE
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

Edited by pawprint, 08 April 2009 - 04:11 PM.

Advertisements

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Hello there!

Microsoft Fix It Solution

Please try the above, and then please post back with your results.

pawprint

pawprint

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Good morning, thanks for the reply,
No that did not work.

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Hello again!

I saw that you have posted on other sites about this issue, and I am currently investigating it.

Mediahub.exe is part of Sonic Digital Media software, which is also known as Roxio.

One of two problems may be present, and they are correctable. The first one is, is that their is likely a trojan horse threat on your system. The second one of potential problems, which I think has happened, is Windows Media Player 11 may interfere with Roxio. Instead of WMP 11 integration, the two just do not mix.

Do you currently have Windows Media Player 11 on your computer?

If you do have WMP 11, please roll back to Windows Media Player 10.

pawprint

pawprint

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Hi Dragonmaster Jay,
I just cleared the Malware forum and was pronounced clean.
I have rolled back to Media Player 10, following instructions from Microsoft. Nothing has changed.
Thanks for the assistance.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If you have multiple sites listening you need to decide which you want to help. This is because we may duplicating something they are telling you . Also they may have you do something that will affect something we are trying to do. Please decide if you want help from other sites or GTG. Have the other sites close your request or ask us to do it on GTG.

pawprint

pawprint

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

If you have multiple sites listening you need to decide which you want to help. This is because we may duplicating something they are telling you . Also they may have you do something that will affect something we are trying to do. Please decide if you want help from other sites or GTG. Have the other sites close your request or ask us to do it on GTG.

I didn't realize that would be a problem. I have asked MS to close the thread. If you know a quick way to get them to really do it, please let me know

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You should just request thru a tech person or admin\moderator. It may take them a bit ddpeneding on how busy they are.
It just causes problems getting help from different boards.

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Have you tried to reinstall your USB host controllers?

Make sure you have disconnected all USB hosted External Devices, then please attempt to reinstall the USB Host controllers.

Explanation
Whenever a USB Host controller re-routes power, it may confuse itself because the wrong data string may not have been applied correctly. When you reinstall the driver, it resets the power. CD-RW drives and DVD-RW drives need much power to run, and need a good connection. Whenever a USB host controller is not configured correctly, the problem that you are having will occur!

pawprint

pawprint

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
GOT IT!
More and more I felt this was a driver issue even though device manager told me all was OK. I replaced mmdriver.inf from my XP CD. Uninstalled both burners and restarted....
All is well.

Thanks for the help.

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
You are welcome. If you have any more problems, this topic will be open to assist you if this problem was to arise again.