Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

not able to watch a video

• Please log in to reply

whojob

whojob

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
ok ran the sfc /scannow and it must not have found any errors cause it closed itself out when it was done. video's still don't play and I get the same message. Now what ?

Edited by whojob, 08 April 2009 - 10:54 PM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Go Start>Run (Start Search in Vista), type in:
msconfig
Click OK (hit Enter in Vista).

Click on Startup tab.
Click Disable all

Click Services tab.
Put checkmark in Hide all Microsoft services
Click Disable all.

Click OK.
Restart computer in Normal Mode.

NOTE. If you use different firewall, than Windows firewall, turn Windows firewall on, just for this test, since your regular firewall won't be running.
If you use Windows firewall, you're fine.

Any better?

whojob

whojob

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
still no change, can't play any videos

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Not to sound like doom and gloom but I'm beginning to think you may have a infection in your system. I just want to clarify something.
There was no software updated?
There was no software downloaded?
There was no software installed?
No drivers updated or downloaded?
No site accessed online that you have never been to before?
No strange incident happened just before this all started?

whojob

whojob

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
No there was nothing like that before all this started. so if I have a bug what do I do, I don't have any virus protection on here. So now what?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No virus protection?
No malware protection?
No spyware protection?
Oh lordy, we really need to get you into the malware forum then. Follow the following steps and stay with it:

Please go to the "Malware Forum" link in my signature below and follow the instructions at the top
Especially the "You Must Read This Before Posting A HijackThis Log".

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself.
If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty start a topic and post the requested logs in THAT forum.
Once the malware technicians have cleared out any infection and given you a clean bill of health, if the problem continues then feel free to post back here and we can investigate the problem even more.

"One quick note also. Link this page to your malware topic so that the tech can see everything we have done so far to help you."

Edited by rshaffer61, 09 April 2009 - 02:02 PM.

REKCAH

REKCAH

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I do have the same problem before which is cannot play a video then crash my explorer. I just reinstall the K Lite Mega Codec Pack then im done.. below is the link where you can download the megapack.

http://www.codecguid...wnload_mega.htm

hopefully it will help you..