Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need a new case

• Please log in to reply

fortune82

fortune82

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
I recently came into some money, and decided that my next PC purchase is a new case. Right now I'm working out of a ghetto-rigged Windows 95 Gateway case........I really need an upgrade.

I was looking at 2 in particular

The Antec Nine Hundred Two
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16811129058

The Antec Twelve Hundred
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16811129043

Although I am looking at these, I am open to suggestions. I only have 2 major requirements:

- Side Panel Window
- Good Ventilation

Also, try to stay under $200 please!!

Thanks in advance!!

Advertisements

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Welcome to GeeksToGo,

My name is Cbarnard I hope I may be of some assistance to you.

Please keep in mind this is not our job and I'm not here 24\7. It can take a little bit of time for me to reply back to you,
if it has been more than 48hrs since a reply, please PM me and I will be with you as soon as possible.

With that said lets take a look.

I recently came into some money, and decided that my next PC purchase is a new case. Right now I'm working out of a ghetto-rigged Windows 95 Gateway case........I really need an upgrade.

I was looking at 2 in particular

The Antec Nine Hundred Two
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16811129058

The Antec Twelve Hundred
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16811129043

Although I am looking at these, I am open to suggestions. I only have 2 major requirements:

- Side Panel Window
- Good Ventilation

Also, try to stay under $200 please!!

Thanks in advance!!

I think overall those are good choices. I have heard of some issues with the fan mounted on the top of the case, but if you are careful you will be fine, Both of those cases look very nice and have excellent cooling.

Not to mention you will have a ton of room for upgrades into the future...

If you would like other selections I could find them, But you know where to look. Just read the customer reviews and you should be fine

Good Luck,

CBarnard

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You do realize that neither case has a psu in it?
Take a look Here for a case with psu. I like the look of this and should be around 200 with shipping. I hope this helps or gives you another one to think of.

fortune82

fortune82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
I currently already have a Thermaltake 500W PSU, but that is a nice combo. It'd also be nice to have an extra PSU around (just in case :))

I'll look into it, and if'n I can get just a bit more cash (currently $170) I might just get it. Thanks!

db61

db61

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Fortune 82: I just took delivery of the Antec 1200 last week. I installed the two extra fans that the case provides places for in the windowed side panel and in the top hard drive cage. I also purchased the Antec 850 signature power supply. These things both are exceptional. Some on the net are disappointed that there are not tool-less provisions for HDD, GPU, or Optical drives. I could care less. I also like that there are 8 thump screws for the HDD cages, nice solid mount. I personally am thrilled with the Antec 1200 and can't think of anyone not feeling the same way. The only thing that could be an issue in my opinion is the fact that the case does not support E-ATX. That would be nice for some future build that I don't know about yet....You will not be disappointed. The 902 looks nice too but if you plan to put your case on the floor why not get one with more room? bd61

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts

I'll look into it, and if'n I can get just a bit more cash (currently $170) I might just get it. Thanks!

I wouldn't. Apevia isn't known for making good PSUs. In fact, there are almost no reputable PSU manufacturers that will bundle with a case. (The only halfway decent PSU/case bundle I can think of is something from the Antec Sonata series.)

I own the Antec 900 (original, not Two), and I'm very happy with it. However, once the novelty of the LEDs and side window wears off, it's more of a nuisance than anything. My two graphics cards can get pretty loud in it, so if you're looking for quiet, look elsewhere.

Also, I find myself wishing I had gotten the 1200 because the extra space would be nice. Again, with my two graphics cards, it can be a pretty tight squeeze in the 900, but the full tower 1200 has plenty of room.

However, for my next purchase, I'm leaning toward the Cooler Master Cosmos 1000. It's a full tower, has great cooling, doesn't have a window (but still looks very sleek), and is very quiet. So, of course, this is the case I'd recommend you get. (The price on Newegg right now - $140 after rebate - is great... It's typically around $200.)

However, you couldn't go wrong with the Antec 900 or 1200 either, as I really like both of those as well. If you really want a side window, you probably won't do better than those two. Whether to get the 900 vs the 1200 depends on how much space you need. If you have really long graphics cards, you will probably want the 1200.

Also, the price on the Antec 900 seems a bit high. I got mine for $60 with free shipping. I'm sure the "Two" version will dip below $100 on a sale sooner or later. So, the frugal part of me recommends you wait on a sale if at all possible.

Edited by stettybet0, 15 April 2009 - 08:22 PM.