Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Crazy names

• Please log in to reply

Oreo Collas

Oreo Collas

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Hi there. I'm Oreo Collas. I'm here to take over the forums and I'm starting with this thread. I work in a call center for Allstate Insurance and in the time I have worked there I have come across some pretty strange names.

The first name I want to mention is real crazy and will be hard to beat, but requires some back ground. This guy's parents were foreign and where they come from, it's a great honor to have the name of both your mother and your father. His mother's name was Hu. His father's name was Lehy. Both of his parents were huge Star Wars fans and loved Yoda. Can you guess what his name was? That's right. His legal name was Yoda Lehy Hu. (Yodelayheehoo) I probably messed up the spelling all over. Haha. Could you imagine going to school with that name?

I've also met a woman where her name was Z Force. That is not an abbreviation. She even made the joke that her parents were so broke that they couldn't buy a vowel. :)

Alright, I'm sure you're all wondering about my name as well. Well, I absolutely love skunks. (In case you could not tell.) In fact, I'm part of several online communities where you create a character for yourself and role play your character. All my characters are skunks cause I love skunks so much. Well, what better name for a skunk than Oreo? Fits perfectly.

My real name is Chib. Don't ask me where it comes from. You probably don't want to know that much. I just though I'd give it an honorable mention since I have not met another Chib. :)

I'd like to see what kind of name you guys post. I know there are more out there.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Wow, cool thread! I can't think of any "strange" names off the top of my head, although I'm sure I've heard some before.

Why do you love skunks so much? I think a better name for them would be Stinky, although that may be more misconception than anything, as I've never experienced them before here in Australia.

And yes, Troy is my real name - not strange, but compared to a lot of names out there, I don't know many Troys.

Oh, and what's the "Collas" part of your name?

Cheers

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Duff Denial. Was a name that my mother once had as a customer.

Edited by DragonMaster Jay, 09 April 2009 - 07:00 AM.

Oreo Collas

Oreo Collas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Collas was simple. I play an online game called Second Life and when selecting your name you can type any first name you wanted, but you had to choose your last name from a list so I chose Collas. Just to keep things simple I use Collas every where else. Helps since I now know about three other Oreos.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
I interviewed a guy one time named Email I thought it was a typo on the application, so I had him hand write out a quick questionnaire, and yes he wrote Email as his name. Long story short I called him Email, and he got mad he said its pronounced “Emull”. With out thinking I said “no it spells Email", and continued on with the interview. When he got called back for a second interview the sectary called him Email, and we never heard from him again :)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
how about frank zappa's kids? most importantly moon unit (his daughter) and dweezil (one of his sons)

Oreo Collas

Oreo Collas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Moon Unit? Poor child. I'm going to have to google that guy and check out the other names.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Zappa was married to Kathryn J. "Kay" Sherman from 1960 to 1964, and in 1967 he married Adelaide Gail Sloatman, with whom he remained until his death from prostate cancer in 1993. They had four children: Moon Unit, Dweezil, Ahmet Emuukha Rodan and Diva Thin Muffin Pigeen. Gail Zappa manages the businesses of her late husband under the name the Zappa Family Trust.

completely forgot about diva thin muffin

Oreo Collas

Oreo Collas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Those kids are eaither going to grow up fighters or have a [bleep] of a time in school.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well...they're all adults...and they grew up in a hippie commune type of life....they're all musicians or other types of artists...not business executives hehe

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I went to high school with a girl named Anita Lay. What were her parents thinking? :)

tyler kick you fase

tyler kick you fase

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
i have a frend, his name is fork, FORK :) ,im not kidding

Oreo Collas

Oreo Collas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

i have a frend, his name is fork, FORK :) ,im not kidding

o.o I'm speechless on that one.... I wonder what they were thinking about while naming him.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Reminds me of an OLD joke about how Chinese name their babies. Would probably be considered offensive now. :)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i've got a friend with the last name of aycock....his parents at some point entertained the idea of naming his sister izabelle....but figured people might just call her iz for short..... "hey...do you know that girl iz(abelle) aycock"