Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Call of Duty 2 crash

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok this may be confusing but im new to the pc side. I've ran cod2 on a mac for ages. never any problem, well I got myself the new imac so i thought id install windows, no problem. I got cod 2 4 and 5 running on windows now and for 2 months every thing was fine. 2 nights ago I was playing cod2 no problem, the game ended and the next map was going to load and i crashed out. no big deal i thought, Ill just reload. no luck, it errored, i actually cant remember what error. One of our server admins help by xfireing the supposed problem map to me, one that i had already so it really didn't make any sense to me. Well it didn't do any good anyway. So. I tried loading the game through HLSW, game shortcuts and direct through the game, error. I then deleted "uninstalled" the game and also trashed what wasn't uninstalled in the cod2 folder, actually the whole cod2 folder was trashed. Reinstalled, did the 2 updates, launched, error...something something temp file...so i deleted the temp file, o got to launch again same error , new temp file name, I've tried this at another server too with no success, every time i get to the spot of downloading maps or the mod, this is where it errors out. This may be something very simple, like I said i'm very new at the pc side of things, or it may not be, all i know is I have no idea what to do next other that delete the format and start all over again, and i REALLY DONT WANT TO BE DOING THAT if i don't have to. Thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas.

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,587 posts
Thanks for the detailed information you provided. However, could you please provide the actual error code/message that you get?