Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wireless Card doesn't detect Networks...

• Please log in to reply

MadMan00

MadMan00

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Okay, I just got ym new computer today...I installed my Linksys Wirless Card...I did everything right I knoew because I did the same thing on my other computer a few weeks ago. Okat, well for some reason my wireless will not connect to my router ( again I know it's something on my compter and nothing else for sure ) it's won't show my network any og ther network it just does not conect. Now, I run windows XP I need to know what can I do to make it work?

Is there something I need to edit on mt computer or add?

And I disabled my Firewall as well, so that's not the problem.

Advertisements

Oreo Collas

Oreo Collas

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
If it is a laptop I know many have a switch to turn off wireless. Also might want to check your BIOS settings and see if you have a wireless option there. If this does not help then please let us know some more information about your computer. Make, Model, Serial #. If you have a custom build then please post as much information you can about it. Also about the wireless card and your router.

smith134

smith134

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Have you correctly installed wireless driver for your card? To sure you can check in Windows device manager.
Also you can check about some kind of optical in between your computer and wireless router.