Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Pc problems

• Please log in to reply

kmad61

kmad61

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
My pc is driving me crazy.When I go to one of my game forums and enter the chat area,my pc will sign in and then the connection goes out and gives me a network connection error.I have gone into another household pc and everything works great.Same internet and dsl connection.
I have windows xp home and the pc is a dell.What are some things to check out here???

Advertisements

Oreo Collas

Oreo Collas

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
If you could provide us with some more information about your computer that would be great. Make, Mosel, Serial #. If you have any upgrades or added options to the computer let us know. What are you trying to log into? How are you connected?

kmad61

kmad61

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Dell dimension 3000 --2.4 celeron--Xp home sp3 and Iam trying to log in to a chat section of a game forum.I have dsl internet.

My other pc works fine with no problems,but this machine will not log in to the chat area.Iam getting a network connection
error msg.

Oreo Collas

Oreo Collas

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
It's possible you may be missing a required software for the chat. Can I have some more information on the site and chat. Possibly a link?

kmad61

kmad61

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
www.cpmcrew.com/forum/index.php

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Wireless or wired?

kmad61

kmad61

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
wired

kmad61

kmad61

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
What are some things to check.I have ran anti virus and anti spyware and tried 3 different browsers.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Can you provide the exact error message it gives?
That would help allot if you can

kmad61

kmad61

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
When I enter the chatroom it shows a connecting status then this message comes up.
network problem--connection problem you should start the chat again, sorry (AT)