Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Autocheck not found" problem... on a Mac

• Please log in to reply

adm.cheezit

adm.cheezit

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I've been running Windows XP on my MacbookPro's bootcamp. I just got the "Autochk not found...Skipping Autocheck" problem where it goes to that screen, then reboots, then goes to that screen again, reboots...in an endless cycle. I can't use PTEDIT because the only other partition on my harddrive is running OSX. What should I do?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hi adm.cheezit, I'm in no way a Mac expert. While researching your problem I came across this fix. Now it talks about items that I'm not sure about since it is a mac. The one item it does say is this is for users using Mac OSX
Please if you are not sure then don't try this. I'm sure there will be a tech more familiar with your issue to look at this.

Boot into Parallels and uninstall SP3
Boot into native Windows via BootCamp
Downloaded and installed Bootcamp 2.1 Update, reboot
Install Windows SP3 Update, reboot
Install a few other patches/updates via Windows Update, shutdown.
Boot into OSX and start Parallels
Try booting the Bootcamp partition and if you get the autochk error.
Clear the Parallels info from the bootcamp partition via the Parallels Configuration Editor.
Started Windows in Parallels, hopefully this will give you no errors now

Just to be sure, reboot into native Windows again. to see if there are no errors.
Just to be more sure, reboot into OSX, run Parallels, launch Windows.

Again please don't do this if this does not make sense to you