Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

collage

• Please log in to reply

tyler kick you fase

tyler kick you fase

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
would ansering questons on computer help forum regulerly like g2g help me get into a good computer collage?

i know the malware removal team will help.

Edited by tyler kick you fase, 09 April 2009 - 06:55 PM.

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
I don't think MIT will look at "participation in a volunteer forum" that highly when they have applicants with resumes saying "designed artificial intelligence that is fluent in 17 languages."

Even in the case of a more pedestrian four year college, they probably won't give much thought to forum participation (or even forum expert status), though I guess it wouldn't hurt to mention. Don't expect it to make up for subpar grades or SAT scores, though. You will need to have the grades and scores first, and then the forum thing might be that little "extra" that makes you stand out from another applicant.

While we're on the topic of getting into college, being able to spell "college" (or "answering", or "questions", or "regularly"...) correctly might help your chances. If you're interested in computers, you might as well learn to use spell check. :) Honestly, poor grammar and spelling on a college application will kill your chances.

Edited by stettybet0, 09 April 2009 - 10:40 PM.

tyler kick you fase

tyler kick you fase

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
Thanks and I was not putting as a substitute as SAT or normal schooling I was just wondering if it would help.

Thanks

ps: I’ve never gotten spelling right buy I usually use a spell check, but sometimes I forget

Edited by tyler kick you fase, 10 April 2009 - 09:20 AM.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
* Wonders how much Sari will cringe when she spots your post.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
This isn't feedback, so I'll move it to the off-topic forum.

Regarding your question, I know universities, and employers have been impressed by applicants volunteer work here. However, if that's your reason for volunteering, you won't likely last long. People volunteer here because the like sharing their knowledge, but most volunteer because they like helping others.

tyler kick you fase

tyler kick you fase

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
I volunteer to help others, but I just lately I’ve been thinking about that.