Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE 7 hangs then crashes

• Please log in to reply

wjohnson

wjohnson

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have IE 7 on windows XP and lately i can start the program but it just hangs at the website http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=74005 It just says connecting but never connects

if i try to go to any website it crashes

I noticed this post "In IE, click Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections ->Lan Settings and uncheck use a proxy server for your LAN. After doing this please close off of IE and then see if it works now." So I tried that when I click on Connections IE hangs and the crashes

I can use Mozilla email to get on the internet fine and Firefox and netscape work

Several other programs dont work also. All of the must access the internet to start. They are Pokersidekick - DYMO Stamps - Bodog - Ulitmate Bet - Norton 360 3.0

Norton will work in clean boot but the others dont

HELP!!

Advertisements