Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Buying a new motherboard, but will my old fan fit?

• Please log in to reply

colucci

colucci

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
motherboard: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16813128359

freezer 7 pro dimensions:

heat sink dimension: 104 (L) x 58 (W) x 126.5 (h) mm
fan dimension: 107 (L) x 43.5 (W) x 96 (H) mm
cooler dimension: 107 (L) x 96.5 (W) x 126.5 (H) mm

Advertisements

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Welcome to GeeksToGo,

My name is Cbarnard I hope I may be of some assistance to you.

Please keep in mind this is not our job and I'm not here 24\7. It can take a little bit of time for me to reply back to you,
if it has been more than 48hrs since a reply, please PM me and I will be with you as soon as possible.

With that said lets take a look and get this problem taken care of.

According to Arctic Cooler your motherboard and the cooler are compatable.

Also when you install this setup if you are using your old CPU make sure you clean the thermal paste off. If this heatsink and fan combination are new it has new thermal paste included on the interface to the CPU. If both parts are used please remember to use new thermal paste...

The above is a link to the site.

Good luck

Cbarnard

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Hello,

I see that you have not replied to this post. Do you still need assistance?

If the problem has been resolved please post a reply stating this is resolved. If the problem resurfaces again please reference this thread in the new thread you start.

If you continue to need assistance please reply back with requested information asked for previously in my last post.

I like to hear how things are going for the people I'm assisting, please let me know how it is going good or bad!!!

Thank you very much and good luck

Cbarnard