Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PS3 blu-ray repair

• Please log in to reply

MoMetal

MoMetal

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Kind of a shot in the dark posting here but this forums been more than helpful with my pc issues so maybe I'll find some answers for my PS3. I snagged a 40g ps3 that was a display at a local big box store (so no warrenty). The system stopped reading discs so I figured it was a simple laser replacement issue... and it was. Good job, here we go, next project. But no, now the blu-ray drive won't accept the disc. Prior to changing the laser, it'd pull in the disc (meaning the sensor that looks for discs was working). Now, no response from the drive tray and I get a blinking blue light. My gut says I probably did something to the sensor wire (super small and right were you pull the drive apart). It's like a $20 fix but I was currious if anyone knew of an "error code" involving that blinking blue light when I try to get it to eat the disc. Thanks for any help you can send me.

Matt

Advertisements