Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE 7 will not open new window maximized

• Please log in to reply

scomar

scomar

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
I installed a new hard drive and reinstalled XP Pro and IE 7. On my old drive IE 7 would maximize a new window when I clicked on a link (IE 7 opens maximized when first started). I know it's a little problem but it drive me nuts having to maximize a new window every time. I have tried to manually drag the borders of the window to max postion then exit but it still opens up as a small window. Any ideas?

Thanks

Scomar

Advertisements

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Hello there!

I have a great and quick solution for you. Wherever you have the Internet explorer icon, right click on it and click Properties.

If you are not on the shortcut tab, then go there. Down the Window you will see " Run: [Normal Window ] "

Change that drop down to " Maximized "

Did this fix your problem, my friend?

scomar

scomar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
That fixed it thanks Jay