- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Spyware Protect 2009 is fake security software that's goal is to make you purchase the program in order to remove the "infections" it detects. These Spyware Protect 2009 fake error messages can be in the system bar, browser, popup. Don't buy Spyware Protect 2009! Remove Spyware Protect 2009! This infection is often the result of Downad.KK/Conficker.C

spyware_protect_2009.gif

To remove Spyware Protect 2009, please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here.

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When Spyware Protect 2009 disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

=====================================================================
This is a self-help guide. Use at your own risk.

Important Note: If you need assistance with Spyware Protect 2009 removal, please start a new topic in our Malware Removal Forum.

Advertisements

mkau

mkau

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
I actually just saw someone post about this on the general discussion section of a forum I frequent. I sent them here.

Ldymouse

Ldymouse

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Ive been using this site for 4 years at least.. THIS WORKS guys!! had this lil bugger thankfully its gone now and lordy this program found vundo and a bunch of others that i have had before that wreaked havoc......!! this was such an easy fix and wonderful!! Just wanted to thank you guys for all your hard work..... you guys deserve a REWARD!!!

Hugs,
Ldymouse

tbuns

tbuns

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello - My bosses system got this only today. I had the hard drive taken to be fixed. Had I been able to see this, maybe we'd be saving some frustration, time and $.

The biggest problem that I had was that this bug can and WILL hijack your browser, as it did ours. Unfortunately, my boss(s) only like to use IE - they have only very basic computer literacy, so they don't always know not to click on deceptive pop-ups. As soon as it comes back in the morning, FF is going on and I am deletely IE shortcuts (they wont know where to look.)

Good to know for the future, thanks for posting!!!

*sigh

Suzzie

Suzzie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This does not work. The Spyware Protect 2009 disabled my Adaware and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. I can not even remove and re-install these software. They just DO NOT run. at the same time, I have this www.windowsclick.com problem.

I have tried A-Squired and Vipre. They did not work! Found the virus and Malware, but can not effectively remove them. My McAfee did not work either! The computer is having the same problem after re-boot.

I'm running on XP.

Please help!!!!!!

mkau

mkau

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

This does not work. The Spyware Protect 2009 disabled my Adaware and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. I can not even remove and re-install these software. They just DO NOT run. at the same time, I have this www.windowsclick.com problem.

I have tried A-Squired and Vipre. They did not work! Found the virus and Malware, but can not effectively remove them. My McAfee did not work either! The computer is having the same problem after re-boot.

I'm running on XP.

Please help!!!!!!

Please read the Malware and Spyware Cleaning guide and follow the steps there. If it doesn't work, post your logs in the malware removal and spyware removal forum. One of the trained staff members will be along to help you. I won't be, I'm still training.
EDIT: Is this allowed if I'm in GeekU? or would this be considered helping someone?

Edited by mkau, 15 April 2009 - 08:30 PM.

gmanpopinjay

gmanpopinjay

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
i got this yesterday while watching a youtube vid randomly :) luckily i had Mbam removed it but now i noticed it blocked me from accessing Microsoft.com and updates like msn messanger and net framework can someone help me :) even did a system restore which takes off all installed programs on the comp it came back but i managed to update Mbam and delete it i think... my bitdefender if blocking it also

Picture of my problem

Posted Image

Edited by gmanpopinjay, 18 April 2009 - 06:16 PM.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

pingu789

pingu789

• Pip
  • 1 posts
You can remove spywares and malwares by using different tools but no tool can remove 100% spywares .

roxannethescincegeek

roxannethescincegeek

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I already had antivir and Malwarebytes installed but it is blocked from starting everytime start the computer. I constantly get a pop sound every time I try to open either of these and also ATF CLeaner, the task manager and many other functions. I just purchased this computer a few weeks ago and I hardly get to use it. please help!!!

Advertisements

roxannethescincegeek

roxannethescincegeek

• Pip
  • 2 posts
YEAH NEW DISCOVERY!!!!!!
It seems that I can rightclick on files AND SCAN THEM WITH AVIRA ANTIVIR!!! I'm going to try it wish me luck

KUNAGUERO66

KUNAGUERO66

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hello, I just got this Spyware thing, and it doesnt let me open up my Malware software. Right now im in safe mode to use the internet, and i dont know what to do. I can open up MBAM in safe mode, but i cant update it in safe mode. And I cant open anything in Regular Mode. What do I need to do?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Please post an OTL log in the Malware Forum

Roman Pope

Roman Pope

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Hm... Safe Mode? It got me thinking:
I was wondering if it would be a good or a really bad idea to open Safe Mode with Network Support and update MBAM there. Perhaps download/update some other software removing tools as well. Is SUPERAntiSpyware any good? What about Spyware Terminator and Ad-Aware? Will it make an "initial" scan to get things moving a little bit...
A lot of sites and people don't recommend to do scans in Safe Mode; I was just wondering why.

PS I also heard that sometimes we should rename the setup files in order to fool the viruses? Is it a ridiculous advice?

Edited by Roman Pope, 22 June 2009 - 11:28 PM.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Yes that would be a bad idea because you are running online completely unprotected. We do not recommend that at all

SAS is good, Spyware Terminator I am not a fan as it was once a rogue, and Ad-Aware is getting out-dated.

MBAM doesn't need to be run in safe mode as its better in normal mode. Some scans though are better in safe mode.

PS I also heard that sometimes we should rename the setup files in order to fool the viruses? Is it a ridiculous advice?

Nope we do this in the Malware Removal forum. You need to against some rootkits to get programs to run

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.