Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cryptor viruses - and weird things happen...

• Please log in to reply

cryptor

cryptor

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, my computer is running Win XP SP3 and for the last 3 days, it has been running really slow and so i ran a virus scan with AVG.

A lot of Cryptor viruses were found and two of the big infected programs that i noticed were Internet Explorer (iexplorer.exe) and the desktop (explorer.exe). Some of my anti virus or malware can't be opened and i don't know what to do. I think it has to do with this virus called Cryptor.

Another strange thing is that whenever i search something on Google, say Ccleaner, it shows that the homepage is www.ccleaner.com, but when i clicked on that link, some strange ads page popped up instead of the Ccleaner page. To make matters worse, the windows won't recognize my external hard drive when i plug it in, so i can't transfer my files at this point.

Please help me, i'm really freaking out right now. I have a lot of things i want to keep but nothing is working. Please help me get rid of these problems. Thanks! :)

Advertisements