Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mozilla Firefox crashes

• Please log in to reply

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

double click the last red x for today
That will open up the information for that error. Please reply back with that information exactly as it shows

get several screenshots of the latest errors (top 3)..post those pics

Edited by happyrock, 13 April 2009 - 05:47 PM.

Advertisements

MuskyBen

MuskyBen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Thanks guys!!! I am only getting screen shots of the event viewer, rather than the event information. I can't seem to close the event viewer to get the screen shot. Should I bring up the specific info and copy it to word and attach??? Or is there another way???

Musky Ben

MuskyBen

MuskyBen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
All right I think I got the screen shots, but I am not sure all the info is there regarding the date in the lower box... I will attach what I was able to get and perhaps I will have to take two shots to get all the data in from the lower box...

Musky Ben

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you did great... :) no need for the lower box screenshots....the only error it has any useful info on is windows media player 11...
you can uninstall and see if the problem goes away...the lowdown is here...
try going back a few days and get screenshots of a few more errors just like your last ones...
get the app hang on 4-9 at 1:38 and the ones on 4-8 and 4-7...there was one each day

Edited by happyrock, 14 April 2009 - 09:54 AM.

MuskyBen

MuskyBen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Thanks, when I go to add/remove programs, I find several updates for WMP, should I delete all of those as well???

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
just remove WMP 11...
FYI.. I use WMP 10 and install it on all the systems I build because WMP11 only adds DRM and if your hardware does not support DRM then dvd's you bought (not copies ) won't even play on your computer

MuskyBen

MuskyBen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
All right, getting to the last request and I crashed, so I took screen shots of that info and will attach, then return and get the event viewer info that was requested from earlier days. I may have to help one of my tech load for an afternoon install, but I will be back along the way.

Musky Ben

MuskyBen

MuskyBen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Alright ladies & gentlemen, I have returned from heaving a fireplace into the rafters of a house, boy was that fun!!! I am going to attach files from the error reports of the event viewer. The only issue I may have is not being able to attach all of them, but I did make copies of anything taht was different.

Musky Ben

MuskyBen

MuskyBen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Here is my brief post.

MuskyBen

MuskyBen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Another brief post

Advertisements

MuskyBen

MuskyBen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
five files left, hope to get three on this one..., it wnat to not to flood any more, looking forward to the next post.

Musky Ben

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your latest errors have to do with yahoo messenger...uninstall it...you can reinstall it later if you need it but if your into chatting I recommend trillian...it works with all the main chat programs and is way lighter on your system...another crash was ad-aware...uninstall it...you can reinstall it later...
go to windows update and get any .NET Framework versions it says you need..

MuskyBen

MuskyBen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
happyrock:

Sending the last of the files for you to check. It appears that I have no more space to attach files even with 5 different ones left... one is dealing with fault bucket. another is svchost.exe. another was NTAUTHORITY\SYSTEM. Last was hpqtra08.EXE. Please advise.

Musky Ben

MuskyBen

MuskyBen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
happyrock:

Uninstalled yahoo messenger and adaware. Updated to .NetFramework 3.5 from version 2. Still unable to attach as it seems that I have too much info attached for this thread. Still having issues, som e of hte items that are coming up are from movenetwork. Please advise...

Musky Ben

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try installing a different version of firefox...see what your using and then go here and get a new one...I wound up using 2.17 for months and months because some of my addons would not work with the newest versions...
I'm currently using Version Mozilla Firefox (3.0.1)...
whats the date on the movenetwork errors...if they aren't recent ignore them

Edited by happyrock, 17 April 2009 - 01:20 PM.