Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Netgear Firmware update

• Please log in to reply

Shady

Shady

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
i've been trying to update the firmware for my netgear (wgr614v9) router for a while now. i've downloaded the file at least half a dozen times but it keeps saying invalid path or filename when i hit "upload" what is the reason behind this? the new firmware is 1.2.6NA (according to the website). any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Advertisements

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Welcome to GeeksToGo,

My name is Cbarnard I hope I may be of some assistance to you.

Please keep in mind this is not our job and I'm not here 24\7. It can take a little bit of time for me to reply back to you,
if it has been more than 48hrs since a reply, please PM me and I will be with you as soon as possible.

With that said lets take a look and get this problem taken care of.

i've downloaded the file at least half a dozen times but it keeps saying invalid path or filename when i hit "upload" what is the reason behind this?

Where exactly are you downloading this file to?

What browser are you using?

Try changing the path you are downloading to... ie, if you are downloading to the desktop, then instead download it to... C:/wgr614v9 as an example. if you place it directly in C:/ , then when you are logged into the router it will be easier to select the file when browsing...

Get back to me with how this works, and I will assist you further...

Good luck

Cbarnard

Shady

Shady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
well i feel stupid. once you asked what browser i was using (which i use FF as default) i decided i'd try IE. what do ya know.. it worked! lol consider this fixed. go ahead and close :) thank you!!

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Congratulations,

I happy to see it was an easy problem.

If you ever need assistance we would be happy to assist you.

Good luck :)

Cbarnard

This issue appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

If our assistance has been helpful please consider a donation click GeeksToGo to do this