Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot install any files on PC

• Please log in to reply

chewie8008

chewie8008

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
I have XP home edition SP3. I am unable to install any sort of files. I always get a random error message. One I get often says the .cab files cannot be found that they may be corrupt. I just recently got an error saying I need an aspi driver first. I looked briefly on aspi drivers but wasn't really sure what I was looking for.

I had windows installer 3.1 previously and in an attempt to fix the problem just got windows installer 4.5. What should I be looking for? I have browsed around the internet for solutions and can't find anything.

Advertisements

chewie8008

chewie8008

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
It gives me error 1335: "Data.cab files is corrupted" and if I click 'ignore' it gives me error 2350.

I have searched these error codes all over the internet and have come up with a bunch of solutions that haven't worked. It seems to be a dirty/damaged disc error code mostly, but i'm downloading files from the internet to my HDD.

I just tried unplugging both of my 'corsair' sticks of ram and switching the sides they where on. Neither looked damaged and i'm still having the problem. I also heard it could be a HDD failing, but I have 3 HDD installed on my PC and have tried installed to all 3 and get same error msg.

Edited by Rorschach112, 12 April 2009 - 02:37 PM.
removed log

chewie8008

chewie8008

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
No one? There has to be a solution to this, makes it hard to do much when I can't install anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
first edit your post and remove the HJT log...the only place they can be posted is in the malware forum..
here's the problem...YOU keep replying to your own topic so the people that can help think you are already getting help and they don't even look at your topic because they see 3 or 4 replies...
Please go to Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide...
HERE....

That will help you clean up 80 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty (and you may not be) follow the instructions start a new topic
here
post the OTListIt2 and Rooter logs ...
The "Topic Title" should contain the name of the infection that you are having a problem with...Use the "Topic Description" to include more details. This will help you get faster responses as some people are more familiar with certain infections....

if you are unable to download or run ANY of the tools...try downloading them on another computer and put them on a flash drive or cd and try installing them that way..
no joy...
start a new topic and let them know you can't install or run any of the tools.....here

Edited by happyrock, 12 April 2009 - 08:16 AM.