Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Weird problem with Outlook 2007

• Please log in to reply

rad17

rad17

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I use the Office Enterprise 2007 package (in case this makes a difference in solving the problem).

Whenever I activate Outlook to check my email, if Outlook is in the full screen mode, it gives me the error message "Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close", etc. The program then tries to reload itself, but it gives the same result each time -- it's as if it's stuck in some kind of "error loop".

HOWEVER, if I use the "Restore Down" mode (so that Outlook is showing in the "half page" mode), it works great, no problems. I used the cursor to "stretch" the Outlook window so it's about 3/4 of the full page size, but as soon as I try to maximize the window I get the error all over again.

I have searched and searched but can't seem to find a mention of this particular problem anywhere. Any ideas on what could be causing this and how to fix it? The program just started doing this a few weeks ago; there were *no* system changes or anything. I'm also using Norton 360 but there's no indication of any viruses, etc. It seems to be a program glitch but it's worked flawlessly for over a year -- until a few weeks ago.

Any suggestions appreciated! Thanks....

Advertisements

smith134

smith134

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
some time outlook data file (pst) may got corrupted or it might be got infected.
You would have to scan and repair it's error. Try to follow this Microsoft link:
http://office.micros...0758311033.aspx