Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing Arc Soft Photo Impression 4 From Zipped Folder

• Please log in to reply

12stepnana

12stepnana

• Pip
  • 3 posts
When I retired my old notebook, I zipped up my Photo impression 4 and mailed it to the new computer. Microsoft supposedly installed it from a chat helpline..but it was not. All it would do is open a picture..I could do nopthing else. I do not even know if it is an applicatipn, or a program. I do not know where to tell it to rextract the files to. Can anyone please help me? Thank you,,Cathy

Advertisements

Oreo Collas

Oreo Collas

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Hello 12stepnana

Welcome to G2G! My name is Oreo Collas and I'll be helping today. Please be sure that you print or copy all of the instructions to a document on your desktop as many of the directions may require you to log into Safe Mode or unhook your internet connection.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please make sure to read through all the directions and make sure that you understand them completly before doing any thing. If there is something that you do not unsderstand then let me know and I will elaborate. Skipping steps, working out of order, or working ahead of the directions may cause undesireable results.

We will need some more information
If this is a name brand system:
Make
Model
Operating System
Age of the computer
Memory Total
Hard Drive Size, How much free space

If this is custom then We will need the following:
The CPU brand and model
The Motherboard brand and model
Ram amount and speed
Cd\Dvd rom interface IDE/ SATA
Hard Drive size and free space
Any cards in PCI slots
Any software installed\updated and driver updates done just before problem started

All this will help in determining a course of action to best correct the problem you are experiencing.

Please provide this information for the old computer as well as the new computer.

Also, I'm a little confused as to what you are talking about. Did you put your pictures into a zip filder or did you put the entire program into a zip folder?

12stepnana

12stepnana

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Oreo Collas and thank you for your help.
My Make is a Compaq
FS7600
Windows XP Home Dition SP3
Not sure, bought used..approximately 5 years?
MY partition Dr whick stays locked..I did not have that in my notebook..has 17.6 GB, and my C drive has 32.0. I have no memory cards or extra hard disk space installed yet, I am disabled and just can't afford to buy it. I bought this from one of my grown daughters.

Old Computer was Product DN837A
HP Notebook I got in 2003.
I have just restred it and only added Avast anti virus, IE7, ALL Updates from 2001 to now to make it an SP3...and I am checking into finding a used screen because that is the problem with it, I cannot open the lid all the way. No one wants to try to fix the hinges. So it has LOTS of memory.
It is a ZE5460.
I hope that this is enough info and thank you for trying to help. It is NOT in my add and remove programs, as OI looked there to uninstall it after Microsoft installed it wrong. I also have just a folder called Arc Soft. I am not suyre if that contains all that needs to be installed..I am sure the zipped folder does, it's size is 8.46 MB. Thank u again...Cathy

12stepnana

12stepnana

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I zipped the program only in it,....I have pics burned to disks....Cathy