Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CMD won't run NTVDM Error

• Please log in to reply

rgrigga

rgrigga

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This is a testimonial, not a question, but I just had to leave this comment somewhere...

For several weeks, I have had multiple problems with a crashing and errors... the one that broke me today was an inability to use Start | Run... | cmd

I would call that up and get a message that "NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction"

I have spent hours and hours searching the internet for a solution to this problem, and used all of the following:
  • CCleaner
  • Spybot Search & Destroy
  • Ad-Aware
  • Glary Utilities
  • Kapersky-free online scan
These are all great products that have served me well over the years, but despite clean reports after running them all, still no cmd...

Until I found the Malware Guide on this site. My problems appear to have been solved!

I am very thankful to have found this page- thank you geeks!

Advertisements

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Glad you resolved your problem :) We appreciate you letting us know.